We have heard a lot about AI tools being created and being used by people to make their work simple and easy. While Google released Bard AI to the general public so that everyone out there can make use of AI, did you know that Google has made sure to integrate its AI into some of its products and services? Well, this AI feature is now available to select users who have signed up for the experiment.
Google Docs is a free online document program that you can use to write text, insert tables, and images, and edit your text with ease. For Google Docs to work, you need a Google account and a web browser. You can make use of the offline mode provided you use a Chromium-based web browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Today, we will be telling you how you can use Bard AI in your Google Docs.
Help Me Write is an AI tool that you can use within Google Docs. Now that the feature is rolling out to all users, you do not need to sign up for anything. Help Me Write is an AI tool that you can use to write up text within Google Docs itself. The fact that you can use it inside Google Docs is a great feature as it saves you time instead of copying and pasting text from one tab to another tab.
Before we talk about how to use this feature, do note that if you do not have the feature yet, you can choose to sign up for the experiment and join the waitlist.
How to Join The Workspace AI Experiment
Now, let’s take a look at how you can join the experiment to get access to AI in Google Docs and Gmail. Follow these steps
- First off, launch Google Chrome. You will have to use Google Chrome in order to sign up for such Google Experiments.
- Now, visit the Lab with Google webpage by clicking here.
- Once you visit the webpage, scroll down to where it says Unlock New Ways of Working with AI.
- You should see a blue button that says Join Waitlist.
- Click on the Join Waitlist button.
- Depending on how many people have joined the waitlist, it can take some time for you to get access.
How to Use the ‘Help Me Write’ in Google Docs
Once you have gained access to the AI Tools for Google Docs you can now follow these steps to access and use it right away. Follow these steps.
- You can use any web browser to access Google Docs. The AI tool works just fine.
- Launch your favorite web browser and head over to Google Docs.
- Open up a new document.
- On the left side of the document, you should see a new icon. Click on the icon that says Help me Write.
- You can now simply type your query into the light blue bubble that will appear on your Google Doc.
- The other way to access Help Me Write is by right-clicking anywhere on the doc.
- From the Context Menu that shows up, choose the Help Me Write (Labs option).
- You can also easily modify a sentence that you have typed. Simply highlight the text and right-click using your mouse.
- Front the context menu, choose Refine the Text.
- You can choose between Formalize, Elaborate, Shorten, or Rephrase options to change the selected text.
- Once you have given the prompts, you will see the results displayed in Google Docs right away.
Opt Out Of Labs Experiment
If you feel like these tools are not something you wish to use anymore, you can easily opt out of this experiment. Here are the steps to get out of this experiment.
- Open up Google Docs in your web browser.
- Open up a new document.
- From the Menu bar in Google Docs, click on the Tools option.
- Front the drop-down menu, select the Opt out of Labs option.
- You will need to confirm if you really want to exit the experiment.
- Once you have confirmed it, you will no longer be able to make use of the Help Me Write AI tool in Google Docs.
This concludes everything you need to know about how you can get access to the Help me write AI tool in Google Docs as well as how you can use it to improve your productivity. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- What is Google Search Generative Experience and How to Access SGE Preview?
- How to Get Access to Google Magic Compose for Messages with beta program
- Google Shows Off What’s Coming To Wear OS 4 This Year
- Google announces new features coming to Android Auto in 2023
- Google reveals new Android 14 customization features