Want to turn off your Galaxy S23 series phone? Here are all the methods you can follow to power off and power on your Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Is it really difficult to turn off a Samsung Galaxy phone? Well, it’s not but the process is different than any other Android phone. Bixby is the reason that you are not able to turn off your phone directly. When you try to turn off your device, it will trigger Bixby. So let’s see all the solutions.
There could be many reasons why you would want to restart your phone. It could be that your phone is getting stuck during tasks, or you just want to restart your phone weekly or any particular time period to clean cache for improved performance.
If you are an Android user for quite a long, then you know there are various methods to turn off an Android phone. And yes there are also some ways that don’t include power button. In fact, we have shared a dedicated guide for Samsung users to turn off their devices without power button.
Let’s start with the easy method.
Turn off Galaxy S23 using Buttons
Now that you know using the power button, you can not turn off your Galaxy phone easily. But you can use button combination. Here’s what you need to follow.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons on your Galaxy S23.
- Release both buttons once you see options.
- Now tap the Power Off icon and then confirm to shut down your phone.
- You can also choose the restart option.
Press and hold the Power button to Power On your Galaxy S23.
Map Power Button on Galaxy S23
Since the Power button is mapped to open Bixby by default, you need to Remap the button if you want to turn off your Galaxy S23 using the Power button.
- On your Galaxy S23, open Settings.
- Scroll down and open Advanced features.
- Here you will find the Side Key option, tap on the option. Side key is the Power button.
- Now under press and hold options, choose Power off menu.
- Once you remap the button, press and hold power button to turn off your Galaxy S23 phone.
Turn off Galaxy S23 from Quick Settings
Thanks to the One UI, there are various ways to turn off Samsung phones. And some of them are even easier than using the power button. This is one such method.
- Unlock your Galaxy S23 and go to homescreen.
- Now swipe down to bring Quick Settings.
- Swipe down again to bring more options.
- You will find Power icon next to the Search icon and before the Settings icon. Tap the icon.
- It will give Power menu options. You can choose Power off or Restart.
Power Off Galaxy S23 using Bixby
In case you don’t want to remap your Side Key, you can make use of it to open Bixby and use Bixby to turn off your phone.
- Long press the Side Key/Power key to launch Bixby.
- Now ask Bixby to turn off your phone.
- It will ask you to confirm if you want to turn it off or restart it.
- Say or choose the preferred option.
You can also use third-party apps that offer shortcut functions. But it is not recommended until you have the trusted app.
Let us know which method you follow to turn off your Galaxy S23. If we missed any useful method that should be in this guide, let us know in the comment section.