The Galaxy S23 Ultra is the latest and greatest flagship smartphone of 2023 by Samsung. This year’s lineup includes three phones – the Galaxy S23, the Galaxy S23 Plus, and the Galaxy S23 Ultra. The camera is the centerpiece attraction of the latest S-series phones; offering a wide range of features to capture stunning photos.
The stock camera app on the Galaxy S23 Ultra is a great app, thanks to the quick integration of Expert RAW and other new additions. Having a custom app is always a good option and things get even better with the Pixel Camera app aka the GCam app. Yes, you can install a Google Camera on your Galaxy S23 series smartphone and take advantage of features including Astrophotography and Night Sight.
Here’s a guide on how you can download and install Google Camera on Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra.
Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S23 (Ultra) [Best GCam 8.7]
Samsung is billing the Galaxy S23 Ultra with the 200MP Isocell HP2 image sensor which bins 16 pixels together for better light collection and producing better 12MP photos. The piece of tech, HP2, has ‘Super QPD’ for better autofocus, the phone is able to capture some stunning macro photos, super stable videos, and mind-boggling zoomed photos. The vanilla Galaxy S23 and mid-tier Galaxy S23 Plus also come with upgraded cameras, thanks to the 50MP ISOCELL GN3 sensor. It performs better than its predecessor – the Galaxy S22 series.
Samsung Galaxy S23 series is doing great in capturing photos in daylight as well as in low light. And as I said earlier, the built-in camera app comes with a nifty set of features. If you are looking for a third-party camera app too, then you can install the Google Camera app from Pixel 7 on your Galaxy S23 series smartphone.
The newest version of GCam – Google Camera 8.7 is compatible with the new Galaxy S23 series, thanks to the developers for porting the app for the latest Galaxy S-series flagship. The older ports also work fine on the S23 line of phones. Google Camera sport features such as Enhanced HDR, SloMo, Portrait, Night Sight, Astrophotography, and more. If you are looking for the Google Camera app for your Galaxy S23 or S23 Ultra, then you are at the right place. Let’s dive right into the download section.
Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S23 & S23 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy S23 series is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 “for Galaxy”. Yes, the complete lineup is billing with the Snapdragon chipset that sports Camera2 API out-of-the-box, which is one of the prerequisites for GCam installation. The tech giant ticks all the right boxes, but installing Google Camera on the Galaxy S23 is not as easy as you think, a quick workaround gets the app working. So, make sure to follow the steps properly to install the GCam on S23, first, download the app on your device.
- Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra (LMC8.4_R15_ruler.apk) [Best Working GCam for S23 series]
- Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V13_MGC.apk) [Latest Beta]
Now let’s take a look at the steps of installing the app on the Galaxy S23 series.
How to Install Google Camera on Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23 Ultra
Quick APK installation doesn’t work with the GCam on the Galaxy S23 series. Yes, you need to do a bit more to get things done. Here’s how you can install the GCam app on your smartphone.
Note: The installation steps are the same for both GCam 8.7 and GCam 8.4, a configuration file isn’t yet available for the latest GCam 8.7. I suggest you to try both mods and check which one works better on your device.
- Open the My Files app and navigate to the downloads folder.
- Tap on the downloaded GCam app to install it. Don’t open it!
- Once installed, go back to the app drawer and find the Google Camera app icon.
- Tap and Hold the GCam app icon, then select the Take a Video option.
- Now double-tap on the black area around the shutter button.
- Select the configuration file for best results, here’s the link to the config file.
- Place the config file inside the LMC8.4 folder. You can navigate to Internal Storage > LMC8.4
- That’s it.
You can start using the GCam app on your Galaxy S23 series smartphone and capture the best memories through the Pixel camera app. Thanks to Aliaksandr (@javasabr) for sharing these steps as well as the best configuration file for the S23 series.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23 Ultra
- How to take 200MP photos on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- How to use Astrophoto feature on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- How to Record 8K Videos on Samsung Galaxy S23 Series