Screenshots have become an essential tool in our day-to-day life. You will find screenshots useful almost everywhere, whether it’s at work, on social media, or even in your family and friends chat groups. In easy words, screenshots make life much easier.
Now that Apple has released the iPhone 14 lineup, it’s time to look at how to take screenshots on iPhone 14 series. In this guide, I will also share how to take scrolling screenshots on iPhone 14.
Whether you own the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, or even the iPhone 14 Pro Max, the methods that have been mentioned below are the same for all models. Now, when it comes to taking screenshots on the iPhone 14 lineup, there are a number of ways you can follow to take screenshots. Let’s get started.
How to Take Screenshots on iPhone 14 Pro
There are a number of ways you can follow to take screenshots on your iPhone. Below you will find four different methods to capture a normal screenshot. Let’s start with the common method.
Take Screenshots using Physical Buttons
This is one of the most commonly used methods people follow to take a screenshot on an iPhone. If you are new to the iPhone, All you need to do is press the Side button (on the right side) and the Volume Up button (on the left side) together. Pressing both the buttons together will result in a screenshot as well as an audible camera shutter sound effect. The sound effect will not be heard when your device is on silent.
A preview of the screenshot will appear at the bottom left of your screen. Swiping the preview to the left will remove the screenshot from your screen. If you tap on the image, you will get options to edit your screenshot. There will also be an option to share the screenshot directly from this screen. Screenshots captured on an iPhone are saved in the Photos app under the album Screenshots.
Also Read: How to take 48MP photos on iPhone 14 Pro
Take Screenshots with Back Tap
One other unique and easy method to screenshot on the iPhone 14 is to tap the back of the device. This method can be also referred to as the gesture method. For this method, you will have to enable this option. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Settings app from the home screen of your iPhone 14.
- Now scroll down and tap on the Accessibility option.
- Under the Physical and Motor options tap on Touch.
- Scroll to the end and you should see the option that says back Tap.
- Tap on the toggle to switch it on.
- You can now choose what actions take place when you double tap or triple tap.
- Tap on the Double Tap option and then select Screenshot.
- Whenever you now double tap the back of your iPhone, a screenshot will be captured.
Take Screenshot with Assistive Touch
You can also make use of the popular Assistive Touch feature on your iPhone 14 Pro to take screenshots. Assistive Touch is a feature that can be enabled and used for people who might have difficulty touching the screen or maybe even find it difficult to press the buttons on their iPhones. The Assistive Touch menu will appear as a floating button on your screen. Here’s how to enable and use it.
- From your home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Accessibility followed by Touch.
- Next, tap on Assistive Touch and tap on the toggle to switch it on.
- Under Custom Actions you will be able to assign the Screenshot option for either the Single Tap, Double Tap, or Long Press options.
- If you don’t want to assign anything, you can simply tap on the floating button, select Device followed by More, and finally Screenshot.
- The screenshot will be captured and saved to your iPhone in the Photos app.
Ask Siri to Take a Screenshot
Siri is Apple’s voice assistant and it is quite good. You can also take screenshots by summoning Siri to do the same. All you need to do is press the side button on your iPhone to bring up Siri and then say Take a Screenshot. Siri will now take a screenshot and as you would expect, it will be saved in the Photos app under the screenshots album. You can also type ‘take a screenshot’ to capture screenshots.
How to Take Long Screenshots on iPhone 14
Now that you know how to capture a screen but what if the page is long and the full page is not visible on the screen? Of course, taking multiple screenshots just to capture the whole page will take a long time. Thankfully you can capture scrolling screenshots to capture the whole page. And this will not take any longer than a normal screenshot. Here are the steps.
- First, take a screenshot using any of the four methods given below.
- Once you take the screenshot and the edit page appears tap the Full Page button.
- The Full Page button appears only if there is more than one screen’s worth of content.
- After tapping the full page, you can crop the content you don’t want in the screenshot.
- At last tap the Done button.
The long screenshot will save at the same location as other screenshots. Instead of taking multiple screenshots for the whole page you can capture it in just one page.
These are the best ways that you can follow to take a screenshot on your iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro. Do you need to make use of a third-party app to take screenshots? Not at all. These built-in functions are better than any third-party screenshot apps put there.