With more people moving towards online content consumption, the cable TV connection is seeing its final stages. Anyway, with Smart TVs having internet connectivity options the ability to download apps, there always is a competition amongst various streaming services to bring the best collection of Live TV for people to watch and enjoy. Today, we will be talking about Sling TV – a paid streaming service that grants you access to a variety of live TV channels. Today, we will be taking a look at how you can watch Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV.
If you are a new user of Sling TV, you can make use of their three-day free trial. After the trial has been completed, you can select from three different plans. The plans range between $35 to $50 a month. Sling TV currently has a total of 50 channels for you to stream. Apart from Smart TVs, you access Sling TV on Android, iOS, Windows PC, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and also on Amazon Fire TV. With that being said, here is a guide on how to stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV.
How to stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV
- Power up and connect your Samsung Smart TV to a wired or wireless network.
- Now, grab the Samsung TV remote and press the Home button on it.
- You will be taken to the Samsung Smart Hub. Select the Apps option.
- Now, navigate over to the search area in the top right corner.
- You need to enter Sling TV. From the search results, select the app.
- Now download and install the Sling TV app on your Samsung TV.
- Launch the app from your TV’s home screen and sign in with your details.
- You can now stream the various channels from Sling TV according to your select plan on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to stream Sling TV on Unsupported Samsung Smart TV
Now, if you searched for the Sling TV app on the Samsung TV and didn’t find it, there could be a possibility that you are having a TV model that is not supported by the app. But, this doesn’t stop you from watching Sling TV on the big screen. Follow these steps.
- Download the Sling TV app on your Android or iOS device.
- Log in or sign up with your credentials.
- Now, make sure that your mobile device and the Samsung Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the app on your mobile device and pick a channel to start watching.
- You will now see the cast icon at the top. Tap on it.
- The mobile device will begin to look for wireless displays.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list.
- You will now be casting the Sling TV app from your mobile phone to the big screen.
How to stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV from PC
- Connect your Windows PC and Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch Google Chrome on your PC and log in to the Sling TV website.
- Next, click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- A menu will appear. Select the cast option from there.
- Now, the browser will open the cast menu. Here it will begin to look for available displays to connect to on the network.
- When you see the Samsung Smart TV, click on it.
- You can now cast to the TV from your Windows PC to stream Sling TV.
Stream Sling TV on Samsung Smart TV with Streaming Stick
Streaming Sticks such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick and the Roku Streaming Stick are useful as these services have the Sling TV app that you can use to stream the channels on your Samsung Smart TV. Both streaming sticks can be purchased from Amazon.
And this is how you can stream the Sling TV service onto your Samsung Smart TV. All of these ways are simple and easy if at all the app doesn’t support your Samsung TV model. With that being said we hope this guide has helped you understand what Sling TV is and how you can watch it on your big Samsung Smart TV. If you have any doubts regarding streaming Sling TV, then feel free to drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: