This year WhatsApp improved a lot along with many new features. And the latest feature introduced in WhatsApp allows users to customize Wallpaper for each chat. In older versions, you can only set a common wallpaper for all contacts. But now with the recent update, you can set different wallpapers for different contacts on WhatsApp. Here you will know how to set custom wallpaper in WhatsApp for each contact.
Everyone prefers a wallpaper in the chat background. The wallpaper preference may vary like some users like plain color and some users use different wallpapers. And sometimes users also like to use custom wallpapers or photos on the device. You will be amazed to know that now you can set any wallpaper you want. You can even attach a selfie or other photos on the same person’s chat.
The new WhatsApp feature is available for iPhones and Android phones. It means you can enjoy the new feature on your OS. But as this is a new feature, you may not find it easy to use. And so here we will share the method to set wallpaper in WhatsApp for single Chat.
The method is different for iPhone and Android. And so we will be sharing two different methods to set wallpaper in WhatsApp for one Contact. You will not need a modded WhatsApp from now on as the feature is now available for everyone.
How to Set Custom Wallpaper in WhatsApp for each Contact on iPhone
Android and iPhone have different WhatsApp apps including its Settings. And the new Wallpaper is easy to apply on Android phones. But it is fairly different on iPhones to use this feature. You can follow the below step by step guide to set wallpapers in WhatsApp for a single chat on iPhones.
- Update your WhatsApp app to the latest version from the App Store.
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- Now open the chat in which you want to change the background wallpaper.
- And then tap on a contact to open specific chat settings.
- Under the contact settings, you will find an option “Wallpaper & Sound”, click on it.
- Now it will show the list of available Wallpaper. Choose your favorite wallpaper and tap on Set.
- You can also set custom wallpapers from your gallery.
In case if you want to apply WhatsApp’s old wallpapers then you can apply the wallpaper from the Wallpaper Archive during step 6. It will then set your favorite wallpaper on a single chat. And similarly, you can set different wallpapers for other contacts as well.
How to Set Wallpaper in WhatsApp for single Chat on Android
Now let’s check the method for Android devices. It is nearly the same as the iPhone, but here’s the detailed step by step guide for you.
- First, update your WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- After installing the latest version, open the App.
- Open the chat in which you want to change the wallpaper.
- Then click on the three dots on the top right and go to Wallpaper.
- It will show Bright, Dark, and Solid default wallpapers that are available by default. It will also give you the Gallery option if you want to set custom wallpaper.
- Browse and select your favorite wallpaper you want to set.
- It will load the wallpaper and then you can click on Set Wallpaper to apply it in Single chat. Select For this Chat “My Group” if it asks in the popup.
- It will now set the wallpaper on the chat’s background.
You can set the wallpaper for other chats as well using the same method. It is available for everyone and so no need for any third-party apps or mods for this feature.
The wallpaper that you applied for each chat will stay even if you apply the common wallpaper from WhatsApp settings. It means you can change the background wallpaper for other contacts at once.
So that’s all you have to follow to set wallpaper in WhatsApp for each chat. And in case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.