Gaming has become more than an integral part of life for many. You can choose to play games on different platforms and also choose between playing single-player games or multiplayer games. There are a lot of platforms and games that show you how much time you have spent playing a particular game. Do you think it’s important? Well, many people would say, yes, it is actually important. It can be used as a metric to show how good you are at a game or also how long you have been playing a game that you genuinely enjoy. Today, we will be taking a look how to see how many hours you have played a game on the PS4.
The PS4 is a popular gaming console from Sony that was released back in 2013. There have been a ton of games available, and to this very day continues to have new games on its platform. There are so many games to choose from and if it is a game that you love, there is a high chance you might have clocked out numerous hours in a game. So, if you want to boast around and show off to your friends about how long you have been playing a game on the PS4, this guide is for you.
See Numbers of Hours Played on the PS4
Now, before we get into the details of how you can see these details, it should be noted that the PS4 doesn’t share or show any such details right away unlike platforms like Epic Games, Steam, and Xbox. It kind of is a shame to be honest, because it is such a common feature that is available on a number of platforms, and the PS4 not having it is a big bummer. Anyway just because it isn’t there, doesn’t mean there is no way to actually find out such details. Let’s take a look at how to find out the number of hours played on the PS4.
Use the Family Management System
Well, this is kind of a workaround that shows you such details, but you need to know beforehand that you only get to see details of the game played on that particular day. You will not be able to see the total amount of time logged in for that game. Nonetheless, here are the steps to view those details.
- You will need to have two PlayStation accounts. One will be your own account, the other will be made as a child account.
- Visit the PlayStation website, sign in and head over to the Family Management section.
- Now you need to link the Child’s PlayStation account to your own PlayStation account.
- Because you now have Parental Controls enabled you will be able to see such details.
- Once you open the Family Management settings on the website, you will see details for each game that has been played on a specific day itself.
- The downside here is that you will be seeing only a single day’s activity status.
- If the PS4 was not used for the day, you will not see any type of details.
Use a Third Party Website
There is however one way to find out all the time that has been logged in to a particular game on your PS4. You need to note that it won’t as accurate as your actual time spent in the game. The timings will include details such as standby time, AFK time, and pause menu times. In all fairness, it is actually better to have some sort of information instead of not having anything at all.
- On your PC or mobile, launch the web browser.
- Now, head over to this website called Exophase.
- You will need to create an account with the website in order to use their services.
- With the account creation sorted, click on the Gamercards menu at the top of the web page
- Now select Single Platform style. This will be the method in which your details for different platforms will be displayed.
- If you scroll down a bit, you will see an option to choose your platform. Choose PSN.
- Now, you will need to enter in your PlayStation 4 accounts’ Gamertag.
- Once you have done that, simply click on the blue Create Gamercard button.
- You will now be shown all the games that you have played with the PS4 account and the hours logged in to play the game.
PlayStation Network Newsletter
The PSN Newsletter is a service that you can easily subscribe to for free. What does it contain? Well, it contains emails about information and promotional offers about various games that are being released or any discounts on games that you currently own. Apart from all this, you will also be getting information about your total playtime hours on your particular PSN account. You need to note that this information is sent once in a while on special occasions only and it would be suggested to not rely on this method to see the total hours played on your PlayStation 4.
So this is how you can see the number of hours you have played a peculiar game on the PS4. Yes, it sure is a dumb move by Sony that the PS4 doesn’t have such game tracker features built-in right away. But then, if they really added it, how do you think would they be able to sell the new PS5 consoles? The new PS5 consoles have this game tracker feature built right into the system itself. So, have you actually bothered to check such details for your games or just decided to skip on it? Let us know about it in the comments below.