Want to know the original source for any video on Google or other platforms? Or just want to see who copied your video content? You can get this information with Reverse Video Search. Reverse Video Search is a powerful tool that’s helpful for journalists, photographers, content creators, and almost anyone who feels the need to use it. In this article, you’ll know about how to reverse video search and reverse image search.
Reverse Video Search Use:
- The most common use for Reverse video search is when you find a movie clip on the web and you like it, but don’t know which movie it is. And in this case, you can take the help of a reverse video search engine to get more info about the clip.
- Another major use of Reverse video search is to find out about Video Plagiarism.
Yes, it is possible to do a reverse video search. But it is not possible directly by putting videos in the search. Luckily there are different ways to reverse video search with some tips and tricks. You take a screengrab of the video and use the image to reverse search, you will get results. Let’s take a look at 4 different ways to do a reverse video search.
Prepare for Reverse Video Search
To reverse search a video, you need a perfect snapshot from that video. Make sure to play the video in high quality and full window. Then take a perfect screenshot of the video you want to reverse search. And remember the location of the video as you will need in the given steps.
How to do Reverse Video Search with Google
Google has tools for almost everything you could imagine. Now, reverse image searching with the help of Google Images is very easy. You can reverse search easily on a PC by using Chrome or Firefox. On Android and iOS, you can make use of the Google Search app, Chrome, or Safari on iOS. If you don’t use any of these and don’t have them installed on your device, you can also make use of the Google Lens app to reverse search images.
Using Reverse Video Search on PC
- Open Chrome or Firefox on your PC.
- Search and open Google Images.
- Click on the Camera icon that says Search by Image.
- Select Upload an image tab and click on Choose a file.
- Select the snapshot you took from the video you want to search and click Open.
- You could also simply drag and drop an image directly onto Google Images.
- And it will show the images as well as Videos results.
Reverse Video searching on Android
- Download the Google Lens app.
- Open the app and tap on the Image icon towards the left of the camera shutter.
- Browse and select the image that you want to reverse search.
- And now it will show related images and video results..
Reverse searching on iOS
- Download the Google app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the app and tap the Google Lens icon that’s present in the search bar.
- Now you have an option of taking a picture or browsing for an image, select what you prefer.
- You also have the option of how you want to search by selecting a specific part of an image or the whole image.
- Scroll down and you will find the results.
Reverse Video Search using Berify – Better Verification
While Google’s own Image Search tool is enough to reverse search a video, you might ask so why is there a need to use alternative or third-party methods to achieve this? There are a lot of reasons why you might want to give Berify a try. Berify states that they don’t use standard Google Image search. Rather, they have developed their own algorithms that will look through other image search engines like Bing, Yandex, Baidu, etc. thus, bringing out better results. And if the Google Image search did not help, keep other options open like Berify Reverse image search.
Reverse Searching via Berify
Reverse searching via Berify is simple and frankly easy, provided you follow these steps:
- Head over to Berify website and create an account for free.
- Choose the free plan and finish your sign-up. Make sure to sign in to use reverse image search on Berify.
- Now to search your image simply click on the big search bar. It will ask you to browse the image from your system.
- Now, Berify will process the image and return with results that match your video snapshot.
- Berify will then again process the image and return with results from various other search engines as well, hence giving you much better insight on where the images have been uploaded or shared.
- Reverse searched an image but returned with no results? This is where Berify stands out. Berify will send you an email notification as soon as it finds a result.
The last reason is why you want to choose Berify over a standard Google Image search. Well yes, Berify has free as well as paid plans, but are quite worth it if you are looking out for deeper search results. You can also take at their API as well.
Video Reverse Search using TinEye Image Search
When it comes to experts in reverse image search and recognition, TinEye is the place to be. They have various products that cater specially to image searches such as WineEngine, MobileEngine, and even a MulticolorEngine.
You can reverse search a video on TinEye using the same method as the previous method. Upload an image from your Video and wait for the results. TinEye uses its MatchEngine that helps to identify original and modified images including images from a video or cropped images or even various edits that are done these days thanks to the culture of making and creating memes.
With the help of its TinEye API, you will able to check the results for copyright compliance, bring out a separate list of modified images. The API is self-hosted, which means that you will get faster and better results plus the added benefit of uploading images in .jpeg, .png, and even gifs. Plus, you can make use of their API with paid subscriptions.
Just like how Berify sends you alerts, with TinEye Alerts you will be able to track and compare images with images that have been crawled by TinEye themselves. Even if you don’t have time to wait and look for the results, the alerts will let you know as and when they find an image similar to the one that you uploaded.
Reverse Video Search Using Bing
Another way to reverse search a video using a screenshot from the video is by using Bing. The process is very simple and to the point. Here is how you can reverse search a screenshot of the video.
- Open your web browser and simply head over to Bing.
- Now, you will see a search bar on your desktop.
- Within the search bar, you will see a microphone icon and an image icon.
- Simply click on the image icon.
- You can now drag and drop the screenshot of the video.
- Visual Search will now begin to search and display results that are matching to the screenshot you uploaded.
Reverse Search With Yandex Images
Yandex is a popular Russian search engine that has its branches in a number of departments and web services. While it has its own search engine, Yandex also lets users reverse search. Follow these steps to know how to reverse video search.
- First, you will need to head over to Yandex image Search.
- You will be taken to the search engine’s home page.
- A big search bar will be visible at the center of the screen.
- Inside the search bar on the right side, you will see an image icon.
- Simply click on the image icon. All you need to do is drag and drop the video’s screenshot.
- Yandex will now begin to display the results of the particular video.
- Simply choose the one that you want and that is it.
Reverse Video Searching via Shutterstock
Shutterstock? Yes, the popular stock photo library also has the ability to reverse search videos and images but, it has a rather different method of doing so. You can search for images taken from a video by simply typing the descriptions of the image or even uploading an image to reverse search it. You can also look for the images in a particular manner such as by their orientation, date first or last used, etc. It is the most easy-to-use reverse search option out of the four.
Reverse searching a Video is good as it helps to verify if the video is fake or real and even helps to get rid of fake news that keeps getting spread over and over again on various social media and messaging platforms. Out of these four, TinEye Image Search seems to be the most advanced method for Video reverse search. Thanks to its various engines that specialize in searching and returning image results.
Now you know that Video Reverse search is possible but with the help of Reverse image search. As it is tough to search an entire video, you may not be able to get the desired result using a few methods. And so, we recommend trying all methods to get accurate results.
So, that’s all on how to do a reverse video search. And if you find this guide helpful, make sure to share it with your friends who might want to use it. Also, let us know in the comment section in case of any queries.