The best way to troubleshoot any problems your Meta Quest 3 VR headset faces is by performing a factory reset. Performing a factory reset ensures that your device is pushed back to the state from which it left the factory. This would mean that all your data, apps, and accounts that have been signed into are erased.
The best part about performing a factory reset on your Meta Quest 3 VR headset is that there are two ways you can follow. You can choose the method that works best for you.
To learn the two different ways of performing your Meta Quest 3 factory reset, read on to know more.
Table of Contents
Performing a factory reset on your Meta Quest 3 is simple and easy. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind when performing the reset.
- All data stored on the Meta Quest 3 including apps, accounts and devices previously connected to as well as WiFi connections will all be erased.
- Keep the Meta Quest 3 charged at around 60% or more when performing the factory reset.
- If you have complex passwords for your accounts, write them down somewhere so that you don’t have to perform the task of resetting your passwords.
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection as it will be easier to reinstall the apps and sign into accounts as and when the reset has been completed.
Meta Quest 3 – Why Perform A Factory Reset?
There could be a good number of reasons as to why you or someone you know might want to reset their Meta Quest 3 VR headset. Here are some of the reasons.
- A new software update has caused some glitches or issues with using the device.
- Issues with device performance after an update.
- Planning to return the device to the store because of technical issues.
- Hanging down the Meta Quest 3 headset to another friend or family member.
- Sending the device for servicing or repairs.
- Basic headset maintenance.
How to Factory Reset Meta Quest 3
This is one of the two methods that you can follow to perform a factory reset for your Meta Quest 3. Follow these steps.
Step 1: Make sure to power off your Meta Quest 3 headset.
Step 2: Once the device has been powered off, press and hold both the volume down button and the power button on your Meta Quest 3. Keep these buttons pressed for about 15 seconds.
After 15 seconds you should see a USB Update Mode screen.
Step 3: Press the volume button to navigate to the Factory Reset option. This is the third option on the list.
Step 4: To select Factory Reset, press the power button.
Step 5: Finally press the power button to choose the “Yes, erase and factory reset” option.
The reset process for your Meta Quest 3 will now begin.
After a few minutes, the device will boot up and you can complete the setup process for your Meta Quest 3.
How to Reset Meta Quest 3 [Using The Quest Mobile App]
If your Quest 3 has issues such as a broken display or your display seems to only have a black screen, you can use the app on your smartphone to perform a factory reset.
Step 1: Download the Meta Quest app on your Smartphone. It is available on the App Store and the Google Play Store if you haven’t previously installed the app. Once installed, sign in with your Meta Quest account.
Step 2: When you launch the app, tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom right of the app that says Menu.
Step 3: Tap on the Devices icon from the Menu that is displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Under the Headset Settings section, scroll down and tap on Advanced Settings followed by Factory Reset.
Step 5: You will be asked if you are sure to perform a factory reset. Tap on the Reset button from the popup box on your screen.
This concludes the two methods that you need to follow if you need to perform a factory reset on your Meta Quest 3. With both methods available you can easily choose which method works best for you and reset your Meta Quest 3 right away.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments sections below.
- List of Compatible Games and Apps for The Meta Quest 3
- 10 Best Shooter Games for Meta Quest 2 to Play Right Now
- 10 Best Oculus Quest 2 Games for Kids to Play
- How to Connect Hand Controllers to Meta Quest 2 Headset
- 10 Best Oculus Quest 2 Racing Games to Play on VR Headset
- 10 Best Fitness Games for Oculus Quest 2