Meta’s Quest 2 is a great VR headset that can be used for gaming and other VR elements. The one reason why it’s popular is simply that it’s a standalone headset. This means you don’t have to connect it to a computer to set it up or even play games (except for a few exceptions). This VR headset from Meta also lets you connect and use its hand controllers.
These hand controllers can be used with the Meta Quest 2 headset to play a lot of your interactive VR games. If you’re someone that plays a lot of exercise or fighting games in VR, the controllers are very essential. Now, if you’re someone that has just purchased a new Meta Quest 2 or has completely reset your Quest 2, you might be wondering how you would have to connect these controllers to your Meta Quest 2 headset. Well, this is the guide for you.
How to Connect Controllers to Meta Quest 2
Before we take a look at how you can connect the controllers to your VR headset, you first need to set up your Quest 2 headset. And for that to happen, there are a few things that you will be needing.
- Meta Quest 2 Headset
- Android or iPhone
- Meta Quest App
- WiFi Network
Setup Meta Quest 2 Headset with Mobile App
Let’s now take a look at the steps that you need to set up your Meta Quest 2 VR headset. This is a simple and easy process. If you’re someone that has just got the VR headset, do follow these steps.
- Download and install the Meta Quest app on your Android or iPhone. The app is free to install.
- Now, sign in with your Facebook account, or choose to create a new meta account.
- The app will ask you to select the headset. Tap on Quest 2.
- Next, the app will ask you to enter a 5-digit pairing code.
- To enter this code, you need to power up the Quest 2 headset and wear it.
- As and when you switch it on, you should see a code that has been displayed on your headset screen.
- Enter the code into the app.
- With the code entered, the app will pair to your Quest 2 by displaying the Headset Paired message.
These steps show you how you can pair the Quest 2 headset with the mobile app. However, the process to connect your controllers to the Quest 2 headset is still pending. You can follow these steps to connect the controllers to your Quest 2 by following the next set of steps.
Connect Controllers to Quest 2 Headset
Now that you have the Quest 2 headset paired to your mobile device, it’s time to see how you can connect and set up your Quest 2 controllers to the Quest 2 headset itself. Once you have got this setup completed, you can use the controllers to browse through the Quest 2 menu and eventually download your favorite apps and games.
- Launch the Meta Quest 2 app on your Android or iPhone.
- On the main home screen of the app, tap on the Menu option at the bottom right corner of the app.
- The menu page will now be displayed on the screen.
- Tap on the Devices icon that has the Quest icon on it.
- Scrolling down a bit under Handset Settings, you will see the Controllers option. Tap on it.
- Finally, tap on the Pair New Controller option.
- Here, you will be given to choosing between the Left controller, the right controller, or the option to pair a gamepad.
- Pick the right controller and tap on the pair right controller option.
- Press the Options and the Y button on the controller to begin the pairing process.
- Once the right controller has been paired, you can follow the same steps to pair the left controller to your Quest 2 headset and mobile app.
This concludes the guide that shows you how you can pair the Quest 2 headset to your mobile device, and eventually, pair the left and right controllers to your Quest 2 headset with just your mobile phone. The process is simple and easy. Provided you follow the steps correctly, you should be able to set up and get the controllers running with your Quest 2 headset within a minute.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.