Almost everyone who uses the Internet daily has a Google account. And for most of us, it is part of our daily work for emails, video streaming, video calling, etc. Like any other big platform, Google also asks users to set a profile picture while creating a Google account. If you want to remove profile picture from your Google account, but not sure how to do it. Then here you will know how to remove Google Profile Picture on Computer, Android, and iOS.
Now that your account has a profile picture and a proper name, it appears in almost all your Google products and services. From Gmail to YouTube to Hangouts, including websites and services where you’ve used a Google account to sign in, all of them carry the same picture. There are some of us who haven’t bothered with having to do anything with the profile picture while some feel that it’s showing up at too many services or websites they visit. Today we’ll be talking about how you could remove your Google account’s profile picture.
Remove Profile Picture from Google
We all use our Google Account on different devices such as computers, Android phones, and iPhones. If you use it on any of these devices then you can follow the exact steps given below. You can use any device that you currently have to remove profile picture from Google Account.
Remove profile picture on Computer
- Go to Google Account page on your computer using any browser.
- Sign in with your Google account credential.
- Now select Personal Info from the menu on the left.
- You will now get a screen similar to the one in the below screenshot.
- Scroll down a bit till you see Go to About Me and click on it.
- Now Click on Profile Picture.
- Here you will find your profile picture with the Change and Remove buttons.
- To remove google profile picture just click on Remove.
And that’s it, the above action will remove the profile picture from your Google Account. And the profile picture will neither show up on other Google products as well.
Remove Google profile picture on Android
If you have an Android phone then you are already using a Google Account. And managing a Google account on Android is so much easier than on other devices. You can easily remove your google profile picture without the need of visiting web pages. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings app on your phone. Make sure the phone is connected to the Internet.
- Scroll down and head over to the Google section.
- Now click on Manage your Google Account.
- Then switch to the Personal Info tab.
- Look for Go to About Me and click on it.
- Click on Manage your profile picture and then click on the Remove button.
That’s it, now it will take effect on all Google services immediately. The profile picture will not appear on your Google Account.
Remove Google profile picture on iPhone/iPad
iPhones do not have Google account management directly in Settings, so removing Google Profile Picture is different. So, you have to use Gmail for this purpose. You can also follow this method on Android phones too.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone, tap on the menu (three bars) on the top left corner.
- Now from the side menu select Settings.
- Tap on the Google account for which you want to remove the profile picture.
- Now, tap on Manage Your Google Account.
- Select the Personal info tab and scroll down to the last and click on Go to About Me.
- Now, tap on Manage Your Profile Picture.
- And now tap on the Remove button to remove your profile picture from Google account.
And that is how you can remove your Google Account profile picture. In case you want to add a new profile picture, just follow the same steps and add your new profile picture instead remove option. This is a pretty easy task if you replicate the same process.
So that’s all on how to remove profile picture from Google Account. I hope you find this guide helpful, and if you do share with other users who might need help with removing profile picture. Let us know in the comment section in case of any queries.