WhatsApp is among the top social media apps used for chatting, video calls, audio calls, and more. Since its release, the free messenger has adapted with new technology and features. It is now one of the most used online messaging apps with multiple useful features. You can use it for video calling purposes and in case if you want to record WhatsApp video calls then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to record WhatsApp video calls along with Audio.
WhatsApp doesn’t come with the recording feature but we can use a screen recorder for recording WhatsApp video calls. There are many ethical reasons to record video calls such as for memories. Also during work from home or distance learning, we can record WhatsApp video calls to save lectures or important office conversations.
You must have read some guide to record WhatsApp video calls but in most cases, Audio doesn’t record along with the video. We also noticed the same issue, so further we explored and found one effective method that records Audio along with WhatsApp video calls. So if you have the same issue when you are not able to record Audio with WhatsApp video call, then this guide is going to solve your problem.
How to Record Video Call in WhatsApp
Before we jump into the method we would like to inform you that recording must be used under the knowledge of both parties. As this is also a part of privacy the method is only for ethical purposes and so make sure to record after the permission of the user on the other side.
With the release of Android 10, some phones come with its own screen recorder out of the box. And some Android phone support recording of internal audio. So if you have a phone with internal audio support then you can directly record WhatsApp video calls with any video recorder. But in case if your phone doesn’t support internal audio then you can use this guide to record WhatsApp video calls with Audio.
We tried different settings multiple times on a popular screen recorder and found one Setting to be working on Android phones. Let’s now jump into the guide.
Steps to Record WhatsApp Video Call on Android
- Download the Screen Recorder App on your Android phone.
- After installing, open the app on your phone.
- Now you need to change some settings so click on three bars on the top left and open Settings.
- In the App, settings scroll down to Video Settings and enable Record Audio.
- And then select ‘MIC’ in Audio Source.
- Also, change Audio Encoder to ‘HE-AAC’. And you can do more changes like Audio Quality, But Rate and more.
- Once the preferred settings applied on the Screen Recorder app, start the video recording.
- You can now set up the video call on WhatsApp and the screen recorder will record WhatsApp video calls.
- After the video call, stop the screen recording and the recording will be saved to the selected folder (check the location on the App settings).
So this is an effective method for Android phones to record WhatsApp video calls. You can also try other Screen Recorder apps with the recommended settings. But I will prefer the mentioned screen recorder apps as it is working fine. We haven’t tested the app on all phones, but it works in phones in which we tried the app.
In case if you have an Apple phone and want to record WhatsApp video calls then you can also try the Screen Recorder app or you can also follow the below guide.
Steps to Record WhatsApp Video Call on iOS
iPhones and iPads come with a screen recording feature by default that also works to record WhatsApp video calls. And here’s how you can use it on your iPhone & iPad.
- Set up the WhatsApp video call on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now Swipe up on your iDevice to bring up the control center.
- In the Control Center, you will find a recording icon, tap on it. And also turn on the microphone option.
- It will start recording the ongoing WhatsApp video call.
- This way you can easily record WhatsApp calls anytime.
So these are the methods for recording video calls in WhatsApp with Audio. And if we miss any effective method then do let us know in the comment section.
More Guide on WhatsApp: