Apple kicks off one of the biggest events of the year, WWDC on June 5. And as expected the tech giant launched a bunch of products including iOS 17. Yes, iOS 17 has been announced for eligible iPhones.
Soon after the announcement iOS 17 Developer Beta was also released. Yes, the very first build of iOS 17 is available to registered developers. If you are interested in testing iOS 17 on your phone, this guide will show you how to join iOS 17 Developer beta and how to download iOS 17 beta on your iPhone.
iOS 17 comes with a slew of new features, you can check out the complete list of features by navigating here. Before we jump into the steps, here is a list of iOS 17 supported iPhones.
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation or later)
How to Get iOS 17 Developer Beta
This year with one of iOS 16 builds, Apple removed the process of installing developer profiles that were used to receive beta updates. And now users only need to make sure they are logged in with their account and based on the account users will get the option to choose beta update or public build.
Create Developer Account
Many users used to download beta profiles from third-party sites and install them on their iPhones which gave them access to Developer Beta for free. But since Apple no longer uses the Beta profile, it is no longer possible.
So you must have a registered developer account to get Developer Beta. If you don’t have a developer account you can enroll in Developer program by following the instructions on Apple’s official website.
Login with Developer Account
Once you have the developer account, you need to log in with the same account on your eligible iPhone. You can log in within Settings using the usual method.
How to Download and Install iOS 17 Beta
Now it’s time to get iOS 17 experience with the first developer beta. Here is the process.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- Here you will see two options at the top, Automatic Updates and Beta Updates. Tap the Beta Updates option.
- Now select the iOS 17 Developer Beta and go back.
- Once you opt for the iOS 17 Developer Beta you will see the first developer beta right away in the Software Update page.
- Tap on Download and Install to enjoy iOS 17 on your iPhone.
- That’s it.
As of now, only the developer beta is available, The public beta will be released next month. Fortunately, the developer beta is also available for free developer accounts. You can wait for the Public Beta, which will be more stable.