One of the most popular role-playing games out there which is free to play is Genshin Impact. Genshin Impact is a game that was released in 2020 and has been made available on many platforms including mobile, PC, and also on PlayStation. While all of that is great, what about the Steam Deck? Can Genshin Impact be played on the Steam Deck? If that is your question, you’ve come to the right place for an answer to your question. Let’s get started.
How To Get Genshin Impact on Steam Deck
The Steam Deck is a portable handheld gaming device released by Valve in 2022. The device runs on a custom version of Linux called SteamOS. Since it’s a SteamOS device, you can expect native support for a lot of games that are available on the Steam client itself. While Genshin Impact isn’t directly available on Steam, you can still play the game very easily.
Download Genshin Impact on Steam Deck
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow to play Genshin Impact on your Steam Deck.
- First off, you need to enable Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck. You can switch to it by choosing the Desktop Mode option under the power options.
- Once in Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, search for Genshin Impact and open the official website.
- With the website open, click on the PC Download button. This will download the installer for the game to your Steam Deck.
- Make sure to extract the installer if it is in compressed format.
Setup Genshin Impact With Steam Client
- Open the Steam Library app on your Steam Deck.
- Click on the Add a Game button at the bottom left corner of the Steam app.
- Choose the Add a Non-Steam Game option. Make sure to change the file type to All Types.
- Browse and select the download folder where the Genshin Impact installer has been downloaded.
- Once you have selected the file it will show up in the Steam Library.
- Click on the Settings icon choose Properties and finally, select Compatibility.
- Check ‘Force the use of a specific Steam Play configuration tool’ and then from the drop down choose Photon Compatibility and that is it.
- Simply launch the installer and the game should begin downloading to your system.
Once the game downloads, you will be asked to install certain elements. Once all of those have been installed, you can easily launch and play the game.
If the game is not opening after hitting the play button, then you need to map the game launcher manually. It might be opening the game installer after clicking the Play button. To manually set the game launcher, click on the settings icon which will be present on the other side of the Play button. Next, choose Properties. And in the shortcut tab locate and select the launcher.exe file (you can find it where the game is installed). And then save it. Now you will be able to run the game without any issues. You might encounter some issues at the start. In that case, close the game and launch it again.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily play Genshin Impact on the Steam Deck. It’s a simple and easy process. While it would be a simple and easy way had the game been available on the Steam client itself in the first palace. But again, each game developer has their own choice and freedom to release games where they want. This is a good workaround for those who have the Steam Deck and love playing Genshin Impact. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Steam Deck Guides: