Apps are a great way to access certain services or content easily on your devices. When it comes to Android TVs, you have numerous apps to choose from. However, there can be times when some Android TV apps don’t respond or work properly. It can be due to some glitch, internet connection issues, or just a bug with the app itself. If you’re someone that has such an app that could be behaving like we just explained, you can try to force quit the app and launch it again to see how it performs then.
Here is our guide on how you can easily force quit an app on your Android TV.
How to Force Stop an App on Android TV
There are two that you can follow to force quit apps on your Android TV. You can easily force quit all apps on your Android TV. Let’s get started.
Method 1 – Via Settings Menu
The first and foremost method to force close any app on your Android TV is by using the Settings menu. Here are the steps.
- From the Home screen of your Android TV, navigate and select the Settings gear icon at the top right corner.
- From the Settings menu, navigate and select the Device Preferences option.
- Choose Apps.
- Now you should see all the apps on your Android TV.
- Highlight the app that you want to force stop.
- Select the app and choose the Force Stop option.
- The app will now be forcefully stopped and quit on your Android TV.
- The TV will display a dialog asking if you wish to Force Stop an app.
- Select Ok to Force Stop the app.
Method 2 – Via Home Screen
The second method is the easier method to force quit a particular app without having to jump through the various settings and other menus. Follow these steps.
- Highlight the app that you wish to force stop from the TV’s home screen.
- Now, press and hold the Ok button on your Android TV remote.
- A menu should now pop up on the home screen.
- Highlight and select the Info option.
- The app’s info page will now be displayed.
- Simply choose Force Stop.
- The app will be forcefully stopped on your Android TV.
This concludes the guide on the two different methods that you can follow to force close apps on your Android Smart TV. These are simple and easy ways that you can follow to diagnose an issue that your app might be having. Whether it’s an issue in opening the app, navigating within the app, or for that matter even playing something on the app.
If you have queries, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.