Google Photos is a cloud platform to store media files including Images and Videos. It is a service from Google which is available by default on most Android phones. Recently Google announced that images and videos that will be stored from June 2020 ending will count as a part of available storage. It means you will no longer be able to store pictures and videos for free. Here we are going to share how to export pictures and videos from Google Photos.
For now, Google Photos users have access to unlimited storage for keeping Pictures and Videos. But after applying the new policy from June 2021, Users will have to pay for storage of more than 15GB. Currently, you can store high-quality images without any limitations. But starting from June 2021, you can only upload high-quality images up to 15GB for free.
All the high-quality Images and Videos uploaded before June 2021 will not be included in the new policy. But after using the given 15GB, you will have to increase storage for new high-quality images and Videos. Plans are affordable but still, it is a surprise move from Google and many users may plan to change their cloud host.
If you have a Pixel phone (released before November 2020) then this change doesn’t comply for you. You can upload high-quality images and videos at unlimited amounts even after June 2021. However, the new Pixel device will not offer unlimited storage.
How to Download Google Photos Library
After the announcement of the new policy from Google, most users are now looking for an alternative or a service that doesn’t cost for storing their images and videos in high and original quality. And if you are shifting to a new cloud storage service then you may also want to shift your images and videos from Google Photos.
And if you don’t know how to export Pictures and Videos from Google Photos. Then this guide is for you. Using this guide you will not have to download images one by one. You can download Google Photos media files at once that you can keep either on your computer or restore on different platforms.
Do you know Google has a service called Takeout? Many users don’t know about it. It allows users to download or export data from different services associated with a Google Account. And you can use this export outside of Google. It makes the export and import process easier. Let’s now jump into the guide for exporting pictures and videos from Google Photos.
Steps to Download Pictures & Videos from Google Photos
- First, visit the takeout.google.com site. You can also search for Google Takeout to visit the site.
- Then sign in with the Google account from where you need to download Google Photos media files.
- After login, it will show the page like in the screenshot.
- Under ‘Create a new export’ click deselect all if you want to only export Google Photos data. And then select Google Photos from the list.
- Then scroll to the last and there click on the Next Step button.
- Now you will be in the second step where you need to choose the export file type. In this, you can select Frequency, File Type, and File Size.
- Then click on the Create Export button.
- It will take some time to create an export file and it will depend on the file size you have selected during step 6. In my case, it took about 1-2 minutes.
- Once the export file is completed, you will get an email with the download link.
- Click on the ‘Download your files’ button and then enter your account password for verification.
- It will start downloading the export file, and if it doesn’t then click on the Download button.
- Wait for the download process, and then you can extract the export file on your device.
Now you have all the media files from Google Photos on your device. And you can upload or export to a different platform. Even if you are not switching from Google Photos, you should keep a local backup of your Google Photos. It can be helpful if you forgot your password.
So there you have it, a full guide on how to export Pictures and Videos from Google Photos. If you want more guides similar to this one, then follow YTECHB. Also in case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.