Smart TVs nowadays let you watch a ton of content by letting you download and install apps on the TV itself. This is the best way since a majority of Smart TVs do not come with built-in web browsers and using the web browser on smart TV is not as easy as it on mobile. Now, if you are someone that watches a ton of content online, you will be having a huge number of apps installed. With this comes the issue of your TVs storage space running out. This can be annoying if you were trying to install another streaming app on your TV. So what can you do with the apps? Uninstall them! Here is a guide on how to delete apps on Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung’s Smart TV ranges let you download apps from the app store that offers a huge number of apps. Of course, some apps come preinstalled, which can sometimes be good considering you don’t have to go and download those apps. While it may seem good, here comes the trouble. Like most Smart TVs in the market, you will not be able to uninstall pre-installed apps. The only apps that you can delete are the ones you have downloaded. So, let’s get started on how you can uninstall these apps from your Samsung Smart TV
How to Uninstall Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Now, Samsung’s range of Smart TVs from 2012 and newer lets you install and delete apps. So if you have a TV from 2014 or newer, you can simply read through and see how to delete apps from your particular Samsung smart TV.
Delete Apps on Samsung Smart TVs (2012 Models)
- Switch your Samsung Smart TV On.
- Grab your Samsung TV remote and press the Smart Hub button your remote
- The Smart Hub screen will now open up on your TV.
- Now, navigate to the app that you wish to install using the navigation keys on your remote
- Next, you will need to press and hold the Tools button on your TV remote.
- A context menu will appear. Select the Delete option.
- The TV will now show a popup box asking if you wish to confirm deleting the app.
- Select the Yes option by pressing the enter button on your remote.
- The app has now been uninstalled from your 2012 Samsung Smart TV.
Delete Apps from Samsung Smart TVs (E, F, H and, J Series)
- Power on your Samsung Smart Tv and select Apps from the Smart Hub home screen.
- Now select the Apps option.
- Under Apps, you will need to select the My Apps option.
- You will now be shown all the apps that you have installed on the screen.
- Navigate to the top of the screen and select Options.
- The Options menu will now open.
- Select the Delete My Apps option from the list.
- You will now be able to select the app that you wish to delete.
- With the app selected, navigate to the top and select the Delete option.
- The TV will display a confirmation box asking if you wish to delete the app.
- Select Yes. The app will now be deleted from your Samsung Smart TV.
Delete Apps on Samsung Smart TVs (2014 and J, JU, and JS Series)
- With your Samsung Smart TV switched on, go ahead and press the Smart Hub button on your TV remote.
- Now, navigate over to the Samsung Apps panel.
- Simply navigate and highlight the app that you wish to delete from your Tv.
- On your remote, you will need to press and hold the center button.
- A content menu should show up at the side that will display details of the highlighted app.
- In the menu, you will see the Delete option. Select it to delete the highlighted app.
- You can also choose the Multi delete option. This lets you select multiple apps on your TV and delete them all at once.
- But before that, like all the other models, the TV will ask you if you want to delete the apps. Select Yes to confirm deleting the app.
Delete Apps on Samsung Smart TVs (K, M, N, and R Series)
- With your Samsung Smart TV on, press the Home button on your Samsung OneRemote.
- You will be taken to the Smart Hub home screen on your TV.
- Now, navigate and select the Apps option that is at the bottom left of the screen.
- Once in the Apps screen, navigate to the top of the screen and select the Options icon.
- Now, select the app that you wish to delete from your Samsung Smart TV.
- You will see the Delete option.
- The TV will show you a prompt asking if you wish to delete the app.
- Select the Delete button to delete the app from your TV right away.
Delete Apps on Samsung Smart TVs (T, Q, and LS Series)
- Switch your Samsung Smart TV on and press the Home button on the remote.
- The Smart Hub screen should now appear.
- Navigate and select the Settings option on the home screen.
- With the Settings menu opened, scroll and select the Support option.
- Under Support, you will need to select the Device care option.
- The TV will now begin a scan and then display a Manage Storage option.
- Selecting it will now display a list of apps that you can uninstall.
- Select the app and then press the Delete option.
- The TV will show a message box asking you to confirm deleting the app.
- Choosing OK will begin the deletion of apps from your Smart TV.
These are the ways that you can follow to delete apps from your particular Samsung Smart TV model. If a particular app does not show you the delete option, that means it is a pre-installed app and you cannot delete the app in any manner. This stands true for most devices such as mobile phones that come with pre-installed apps. User-installed apps can be easily deleted. You could delete an app because it could be taking up all your storage, or maybe you just no longer use the app and have canceled your subscriptions altogether.
You May Also Like – How to update Samsung Smart TV Firmware
If you have any difficulty in uninstalling an app, do let us know about it in the comments below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: