Smart TVs have become smarter and feature-rich as the days go by. Gone are the days when a TV was considered a power hog. With modern slim and smart TVs, you have less power-consuming ones with features that tend to make your content viewing life simple, easier, and faster. There are various Smart TV brands with different operating systems available. Now, when it comes to LG, they do have Smart TVs that are quite excellent, but they run on their in-house OS called WebOS. Now, even WebOS is smart and has a ton of rich features that make the LG range of Smart TVs desirable. Today, we will be taking a look at how to control LG Smart TV without a remote.
Now, you would ask, well, you have the TV remote with you already, so why even bother about knowing how to control the TV without a remote? Sure, that is a valid point, but it’s always good to know different ways to control your TV, especially if it is a smart TV. Of course, you could go on and talk about making use of the buttons that are present on the TV unit itself. Sure, but, does it really make sense to simply be standing next to the TV to be controlling all of it? It simply isn’t worth it especially if you are watching or streaming your favorite shows. So, here is a guide on how to control your LG Smart TV without a TV remote.
Control LG Smart TV Without a Remote
There are many reasons why you would want to know how to control the LG Smart TV without the TV remote. Here are a few reasons that are quite valid.
- Your TV remote is either damaged, broken, or misplaced.
- You are waiting for a replacement remote to reach your home.
- The batteries on the remote have been drained, and you haven’t got any fresh batteries, especially if it’s in the middle of the night.
- You just would like to have less remote clutter on your coffee table or couch.
Control LG smart TV using Wired or Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
A smart TV cannot be defined as a smart one if, it misses out on any type of USB ports. USB plug-in devices are popular and plentiful in the market. Sure, you’d want to go the wireless route, well you can with wireless keyboards and mice. All you need to do is plug in the keyboard and mouse in the USB ports of the TV that are present at either the sides or the back o your LG Smart TV.
Once you have the input devices connected, you can navigate and control most of your TV easily. Well, okay maybe adjusting the volume might be tricky. However, that can also be done without the remote if you follow the method below.
Control LG Smart TV using LG ThinQ App
To make a lot of LG’s appliances easy to manage and control, LG has released the LG ThinQ app. This is a simple and easy-to-use app that is available for free on Android and iOS devices. Here are the steps on how to set up the app to control your LG Smart TV
- Download the LG Smart ThinQ app for your respective Android or iOS device.
- Make sure to have your LG Smart TV as well as your mobile device is connected to the same wifi network.
- Now, launch the app. You will be asked to either register or sign in with your LG account.
- Once your account has been set up, it is time to set up your app to connect it to your LG Smart TV.
- You will now be seeing the LG Dashboard on the app’s screen.
- Tap on the Add a Device option.
- Now, you need to tap on Select a Device.
- The app will now begin to look for LG devices that are connected to the same wifi network.
- When the app displays your LG Smart TV on the screen, tap on it.
- Your LG Smart TV will display a code. You need to enter this code into the app.
- Once all of that is done, you can now control the LG Smart TV using the app.
- You will now be able to adjust the volume, change channels, adjust settings and navigate through the various pages on your LG Smart TV.
And this is how you can control your LG Smart TV in two simple and easy ways. These are very simple and not complicated at all. Does your TV function without the TV remote? If yes, then it is a true smart TV that you own! Also, have you controlled your LG Smart TV without the remote? How was your experience, and what do you think does LG need to improve with app connectivity to the TV? Lets us know about it in the comments below.