Smart TVs are getting better and better every day. Consumers have a wide range of TV brands to choose from. One of the more reliable and popular brands of Smart TVs is Toshiba. Considering it is a Japanese brand, a lot of consumers have a lot of trust in the products that they manufacture. As it is with all smart TVs. you can easily connect to the internet using a WiFi network. If you have a Toshiba Smart TV, here is a guide on how to connect Toshiba Smart TV to WiFi.
Why connect your Smart TV to a WiFi network? Well, there are many reasons. You will be able to access the internet on a bigger screen as well as have access to a wide range of streaming services free and paid. And, if you are someone who plans to cut the cable network cord, having internet access on your Tv to watch TV online is a must. A TV cannot be considered smart if it isn’t able to connect to the internet. So, if you are looking for a way to connect your Toshiba Smart TV to WiFi, read on to know how you can do so.
How to Connect Toshiba Smart TV to WiFi
Toshiba has made smart TVs for quite a long time. The earlier smart TVs came installed with VIDAA OS, the same OS that can be seen on the Hisense Smart Tv models. Newer Toshiba Smart TVs now come with Google’s Android TV OS. Whether you have the older VIDAA OS or newer Android OS Toshiba Smart TVs, the method to connect to the WiFi has been mentioned below.
Connect VIDAA OS Toshiba Smart TV to WiFi
- Power on your Toshiba VIDAA OS TV.
- Make sure your WiFi network is active and working perfectly.
- Press the Menu button on your Toshiba TV remote.
- Scroll down and select the Network option.
- Press the OK button to enter the Network Menu.
- Navigate to and select the Wireless Connection option.
- Make sure that the WLAN Switch option is set to ON.
- Scroll and select the AP List option.
- Your TV will now search and display available wireless networks.
- Now, select your WiFi network and press the OK/Enter button.
- You will be asked to enter the password.
- Use the navigation keys to scroll around to type the password using the on-screen keyboard.
- With the password typed in, press the Enter key.
- You have now successfully connected your Toshiba smart Tv to the wifi network.
If you wish to use a LAN cable to connect to the internet, simply plug the other end of the cable in the TV panel at the back. Then, you will want to open the Settings menu, select network, and the Wired Connection option. You will now be able to connect to the internet right away. Sometimes, some networks might require you to enter the password to be able to connect.
Connect Toshiba Android Smart TV to WiFi
- Power up your Android-powered Toshiba smart TV.
- Using the remote, navigate to the Settings icon that s at the corner of your TV screen at the right.
- Once you select the Settings icon, its menu will open up.
- Now, scroll down to where it says Network and Internet. Select it now.
- Next, you will want to switch the WiFi toggle to On.
- Once the toggle has been switched on, you will want to simply look through the list of available Wireless networks.
- Choose your WiFi network from the list and then enter the password for it.
- Once that is done, you will now be connected to the internet right away.
Alternatively, you can simply connect a LAN cable from your router to the Smart TV. It will automatically detect the wired connection and have you up and connected to the internet right away.
So, there you have, simple and easy ways to connect to the different kinds of Toshiba Smart TVs. An important point to note is that you need to ensure you type in the password correctly. Meaning, the password if it contains a mix of upper case and lowers case letters, the same should be typed into the TV as well.
You May Also Like – How to cast to Fire Stick from Android, iPhone, and PC
If you’ve any query, then you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: