One great advantage to owning an Amazon FireStick is the ability to sideload many app that you want. However, the drawback of installing or sideloading third-party apps is updating them. Since these (third-party or old) apps aren’t available on the Amazon App Store, it can be difficult to update them. There is however a way that you can follow to update such apps.
In today’s guide, we will be talking about how to update Kodi on FireStick to the latest version.
Kodi is a media platform that lets you stream whatever content you want from your personal servers. Be it Music, Movies, or TV shows. Its quite advance than other popular apps. The app also has a certain number of TV channels that you can stream for free. Anyways, let’s get along with how to update the Kodi app on your Amazon FireStick.
How to Update Kodi on Amazon Firestick
You can follow these steps whether you want to update the Kodi app or download the Kodi app for the first time on your Amazon FireStick.
Enable Developer Options
To install third-party apps on your FireStick, you need to enable Developer Mode on your FireStick Here are the steps to enable Developer Options.
- Open the Settings menu from the Firestick home screen.
- Now, select the My Fire TV option and then head to About page.
- Under About select your Fire Stick. Press OK button 7-8 times on your Firestick remote. It will give message that says Developer Options is enabled.
- Go back to My Fire TV page and open Developer Options.
- Scroll down and choose Apps from Unknown Sources. Make sure it is set to ON.
Install the Downloader App
Since FireStick doesn’t have any pre-installed web browser that let you download and install external apps, you will have to make use of an app that helps you to visit links on the internet. You will have to install the Downloader app.
- On your FireStick’s home screen, select and open the App Store.
- Select Search and type in Downloader.
- From the app results, select the app that has the orange app icon. You can also look in Image.
- Download and install the app to your FireStick.
Now that you have got the developer options enabled and the Downloader app installed, it’s time to get the latest update of the Kodi app on your Amazon FireStick.
Update Kodi App
Now, whether you plan to update or download the Kodi app for the first time, the steps are the same. So follow along to know how to get the latest version of Kodi on your Amazon FireStick.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Amazon FireStick
- In the search bar in Homepage of the app, type in https://kodi.tv/download/android. Press the Go button.
- It will take you to the Kodi download page. Select the blue box that says ARMV7A.
- The latest Kodi app will now be downloaded to your FireStick.
- Once the download has been completed, the install/update screen will show up.
- Install the app and you now have the latest and updated version of Kodi on your FireStick.
Update Kodi on Firestick is the same as installing Kodi for the first time. This method also works perfectly with other third-party apps that you might have sideloaded to your Amazon FireStick.
Of course, you will have to use a different link to download the APK file. A quick Google search for the APK file will result in the download page right away. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.