One great advantage to owning an Amazon FireStick is the ability to sideload any app that you want. Since FireStick runs on a forked version of Android, you can expect almost any Android app to be installed just fine on FireStick. However, the drawback of installing or sideloading third-party apps is updating them. Since these (third-party or old) apps aren’t available on the Amazon App Store, it can be difficult to update them. There is however a way that you can follow to update such apps.
In today’s guide, we will be talking about how to update Kodi app on FireStick to the latest version.
The Kodi app is one of the most popular apps that is sideloaded to the Amazon FireStick. Why? Well, the Kodi app lets you stream whatever content you want from your personal servers. Be it music, movies, or tv shows. The app also has a certain number of TV channels that you can stream for free. Anyways, let’s get along with how to update the Kodi app on your Amazon FireStick.
How to Update Kodi app on FireStick
You can follow these steps whether you want to update the Kodi app or download the Kodi app for the first time on your Amazon FireStick.
Enable Developer Options
To install third-party apps on your FireStick, you need to enable Developer Mode on your FireStick Here are the steps to enable Developer Options.
- Grab the FireStick TV remote and select the Settings menu from the home screen.
- Now, select the My Fire TV option under the Settings menu.
- Highlight and select Developer Options.
- Navigate to Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Select the Tune On Apps from the Unknown Sources option.
- You can now install third-party apps on your Amazon FireStick.
Download the Downloader App
Since FireStick doesn’t have any dedicated web browser for you to browse the internet, you will have to make use of an app that helps you to visit links on the internet. You will have to install the Downloader app.
- On your FireStick’s home screen, select and open the App Store.
- Select Search and type in Downloader.
- From the app results, select the app that has the orange app icon.
- Download and install the app to your FireStick.
Now that you have got the developer options enabled and the Downloader app installed, it’s time to get the latest update of the Kodi app on your Amazon FireStick.
Download Kodi App
Now, whether you plan to update or download the Kodi app for the first time, the steps are the same. So follow along to know how to get the latest version of Kodi on your Amazon FireStick.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Amazon FireStick
- In the search bar for the app, type in https://kodi.tv/download/android
- Select the Go button at the bottom right of the screen.
- The web page will now be displayed.
- Select the blue box that says ARMV7A.
- The latest Kodi app will now be downloaded to your FireStick.
- Once the download has been completed, the install/update screen will show up.
- Install the app and you now have the latest and updated version of Kodi on your FireStick.
And this is how you can update the Kodi app on your Amazon FireStick. This method also works perfectly with other third-party apps that you might have sideloaded to your Amazon FireStick.
Of course, you will have to use a different link to download the APK file. A quick Google search for the APK file will result in the download page right away. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.