Amazon Prime is a popular video streaming service. Launched back in 2014, it is now available in more than 200 countries. Why is Amazon Prime so popular? Well, it has a ton of shows and movies for you to watch, including kids’ content as well as shows and movies exclusive to Amazon Prime. You can also watch Amazon Prime on almost any device, your PC, mobile phone, and even on your Smart TVs. But, have you noticed that the stream quality doesn’t seem to be the best at times? Here is a guide that shows you how to change streaming quality on Amazon Prime Video.
Another reason for Amazon Prime to be popular is because of the plans and the pricing. You can purchase a monthly Amazon Prime plan for $12.99 or have an annual plan that will cost you $119. College Students can get Amazon Prime for $6.99 a month, whereas Qualified Government Assistance can avail of the monthly plan for $5.99. Also, you get free delivery and exclusive deals while shopping on Amazon itself. If you want to know how to change the stream quality of Amazon Prime Video, you can read on to know more.
How to Change Streaming Quality on Amazon Prime Video in Mobile
- Make sure you have the latest and updated version of the Prime Video app.
- Launch the app and tap on the My Stuff icon that is at the bottom right of the app.
- You will now open your profile page on the app. Now, tap on the gear icon that you see at the top right of the screen.
- Select the Stream and Download option.
- Here, you will see the Streaming Quality option, tap on it.
- There are four choices for you to choose from: Best, Better, Good and, Data Saver.
- You will also see a toggle to switch to the highest quality available when on Wi-Fi.
How to Change Streaming Quality on Amazon Prime Video in PC Browser
If you don’t like the Amazon Prime Video app on your PC, the web browser is another way to stream and watch content right away.
- Head over to primevideo.com and sign -in with your Amazon account.
- Now, select any movie or show that you would like to watch. You can click on the movie to let it begin playing.
- At the top right of the video player, you will see a few icons. Click on the gear icon.
- This will bring up the video quality options. You can choose from Good, Better and, Best.
- Selecting Good Quality will use around 0.38 GB per hour. Streaming at Better quality will use around 1.40 GB per house. And if you stream at the best highest quality, it will use 6.84 GB per hour.
How to Change Streaming Quality on Amazon Prime Video in Windows App
If you watch Amazon Prime Video content on your PC, you could always make use of the dedicated app that is available on the Microsoft Store. Yes, it is a free download as well.
- Ensure that you are running the latest version of the Prime Video app for Windows
- Launch the app on your PC and pick up a show that you wish to watch.
- With the video playing, point your mouse in the top right corner.
- You will see a gear icon. Click on it. Here is where you can choose between Good, Better, and Best for the quality.
- Choose what suits your internet connection the best and enjoy streaming.
How to Change Amazon Prime Video Quality on Google / Android Smart TV
With Smart TVs, the scenario is a bit different. Why? Well, Smart TVs have a bigger screen, and you would always expect the best output qualities from any streaming service. So the Amazon Prime, along with other streaming services does not have a video quality option for you to choose from. The service will automatically adjust the video quality based on the speed of your internet connection. Having a fast high-speed connection will always result in a higher quality video stream. With a slower connection, you will get a lower-quality video stream.
How to Change Amazon Prime Video Quality on Samsung Smart TV
If you own a Samsung Smart TV and want to change streaming quality on Amazon Prime Video, then you can head over to the App’s Setting Menu, then click on the Streaming option, and change video quality.
How to Change Amazon Prime Video Quality on LG Smart TV (webOS)
LG Smart TV users running on webOS can open the setting panel of the app and then change the quality directly from the Settings of the app.
How to Change Streaming Quality on Amazon Prime Video – Xbox and PlayStation
The gaming consoles from Xbox and PlayStation also let you watch and stream Amazon Prime Video Content. Thankfully you can adjust the video stream quality on the consoles, unlike the Smart TV counterparts.
- Launch the Amazon Prime Video app on your preferred console.
- You need to be running on the latest software update for the console and the latest version of the Prime Video app.
- With the app open, browse through and select the movie or show you wish to stream.
- With the stream open, simply select the gear icon located at the top right of the player.
- You will get three options to choose between Good, Better and, Best qualities.
- Select what is best for you and enjoy your show on Amazon Prime Video via your gaming console.
There are simple ways to how you can change the stream video quality on Amazon Prime depending on the device that you own. Sure, having no quality options on Smart TVs is a kind of a bummer, but we do hope to see that option later being added in the foreseeable future. Do let us know if you have been able to change the stream quality on your device and also let us know on what devices you are streaming Amazon Prime Video.
More Related Articles: