GIFs have been around for a long time. They are used to represent a person’s emotions, feelings, or simply be used for fun. People of all ages enjoy using, sending, and receiving GIFs in their texts and on social media platforms. There is a huge number of GIFs available with new ones being created every time there is a video that has just gone viral. Do you know that you can share these GIFs via email using the Outlook Client? Here’s how to insert GIFs into Email on Outlook.
Microsoft’s Email client and service Outlook was launched way back in 1996. Since then, it has been and is still being used by numerous people all over the world including some organizations. Outlook is available as an app on Android, iOS, and even on Windows. You can also use the browser version of Outlook. It has also become part of the Office Applications suite and now part of Microsoft 365.
Dedicated sites such as Tenor, GIPHY, and GIFbin have a ton of GIFs that you can search download, and as well as share with everyone. Enough said about Outlook and GIFs, let’s dive into how you can send a GIF via Email using Outlook.
Send GIFs via Email on Outlook
- A downloaded GIF
- Outlook Account
Send GIFs via E-mail on Outlook from Web Browser on PC
- First things first, head over to Outlook.com using your favorite web browser.
- Now log in with your Microsoft Outlook account details.
- Next, you will want to click on the New Message button at the top left of the screen.
- The message box will now open up on the right side of the screen.
- At the bottom next to the Discard button, you will see the Attachment icon.
- Click on the Attachment icon and then select Browse This Computer.
- Now, browse and select the GIF you have downloaded.
- Once you select the GIF, it will be added to the message body of your email.
- Simply input the receiver’s email address and hit the Send button.
Send GIFs via E-mail on Outlook from Office App on PC
- Launch the Outlook Office app on your Windows PC
- It might ask you to sign back in. Use your Outlook account credentials for this.
- Once signed in, click on the New Email icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- A new message window will now open up.
- Now, click on the Insert tab. Next click on the Attach File icon.
- Select the Browse This PC option.
- It will now open up the File Explorer. Simply navigate to where the downloaded GIF is and select it.
- The GIF will be now added to the email body.
- Simply enter the recipient’s email address and hit the send button.
Send GIFs via E-mail on Outlook using Android / iOS app
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Outlook app installed on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the Outlook app.
- Tap on the Compose button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on the Attachments icon. It will ask you to choose between files and a photo library.
- Select Photo Library. Now, browse and select the GIF that you have downloaded on your mobile device.
- Once you have selected your GIF, it will be attached to the email’s message body.
- Simply fill in the email ID of the person to whom you wish to send.
- Click on the Send button at the top right of the screen.
- You have now attached a GIF to your email on Outlook and have now sent it as well.
Yes, you can easily attach GIFs to your Emails in Outlook. It is a simple and easy way to attach them. You just need to remember to first download the GIF onto your device before sending it right away. It is as simple and easy as attaching a file or even an image for that matter. Plus, you no longer need to be a Microsoft 365 user to attach GIFs to your email in Outlook.
More Related Stuff: