Widgets are a great way to easily access and view information from a particular app or service without having to actually launch or open the app. Widgets help in increasing productivity. Desktop widgets are available on Windows 10 and 11 PCs for a long time. Also on macOS, you can now easily add and customize widgets to the Notification Center. If you plan to get these widgets on Mac, follow this guide on how to get widgets on macOS 13.
How To Add Widgets To Notification Center On Mac
macOS now lets you add widgets to your notification easily. The notifications center is your space on macOS where you get to see all sorts of notifications from apps as well as the system in a single easy place. As of now, you will be able to easily add widgets from the following apps:
- Find My
- Screen Time
Now that you know what apps have the option to add widgets to your Notification Center, here are the steps to add those widgets on macOS.
Add Widgets To The Notification Center On Mac
- Open Notification Center on your macOS. Make sure that your Mac is running on macOS 13 and newer.
- With the Notification Center open, tap on the Edit Widgets option at the bottom.
- You will now see a list of widgets as well as the apps that have widget support.
- It will also have widgets in different sizes.
- Move your mouse pointer over a widget preview and select the Add button.
- You can easily drag the widget up or down to move the location of the widget.
- Click on the Done button at the bottom of the widget to add the widget to your Notification Center.
How to Customize Widgets on Mac
To edit or customize your widget in the Notification Center simply hover over the widget and choose the Edit Widget option. You can choose what widget can display and what it should not. Also, you can easily change the size of the widget. All you need to do is control-click on a widget and then choose from the available size options for the particular widget.
How to Remove Widget on Mac
Now, it’s possible that you might no longer have any use for a particular widget in the Notification Center. You can easily remove the widget from the notification center by following these steps.
- Open the Notification Center on your macOS device.
- Press and hold the Option key.
- Hover your mouse over the particular widget.
- Click on the Remove Widget option.
- The widget has now been removed from your Notification Center.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily add, customize and even remove a widget from the Notification Center on macOS. So, what do you think of these widgets? Are they anything useful for you? Or do you think macOS has simply added this feature because Windows 10 and Windows 11 have this feature? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.