If you are having any trouble opening Task Manager and it gives an error which says Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator. And you are looking for its solution, then you are at right place.
A few days back when I tried to access the Task manager it always shows a popup with a message “Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator”. I used Task Manager regularly to check how much CPU is used by which software. And also to check live network speed as well. Also whenever a software stops working then we need to shut it down from Task Manager. It is very necessary in cases if we are using low-end systems.
Task manager has a use for the various tasks, so it is essential to have a problem free Task manager. Here I will share how to fix “Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator”. This error caused due to Virus or because of manually changes in Task manager settings by Administrator. It is easy to remove this error, but you need the Administration permission.
Fix “Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator”
As you know this problem occurs due to Virus or by the Administrator itself. So this could be very easy by just changing few settings with Administration permission. Follow the steps to get rid of this problem.
- Right Click on Start Icon and then open Run. You can open Run by searching it in Cortana.
- Type the following: gpedit.msc
- A Local Group Policy editor Page will open with some options.
- Now Expand User Configuration in Local Computer Policy.
- And then expand Administrative Templates.
- In administrative template expand System where you will see a bunch of options.
- From options click on Cltr+Alt+Del Options (Shortcut to open Task Manager).
- Now on the Right-hand side, you will see some settings like Remove change password, Remove lock computer, Remove Task manager, and Remove Logoff.
- Double-Click on Remove Task Manager. There you will find some settings related to Task manager.
- Now click on Not Configured and then Click on Apply.
- If Not Configured is already selected then first select Enabled and click Apply. Then again open it and now select Not configured and then click on Apply.
- Now you will see your Task manager in working condition.
Also, make sure to scan for viruses through a good Antivirus. You can use antivirus like McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, Quick Heal, Net Protector etc. This will reduce the chances of occurring other errors. Also to protect your computer from viruses that come from the internet, use Malware removal tools.
Also Read | How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Problem
After this you will not face Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator problem. If still, you have the same issue then you can contact our member through facebook. This is the easiest method so far to remove this error. I hope this post clears all the doubts you have in mind about Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator error.