Apple has started rolling iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 first beta to developers. And it is a large update with many changes in it. As we all know Apple keeps rolling updates weekly for Beta and it means if there are any issues or bugs in the iOS 13.4 Beta 1 it will be probably fixed in the Beta 2 in upcoming weeks. It not even a complete week since the release of the last iOS update for Beta users and the next iteration is already here. Here you will know how to update iPhone and iPads to iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 respectively along with download guide.
The new iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 update brings many impressive features and bug fixes which we are going to mention later in this article. Apple released an update for Mac, Apple Watch, and also Apple TV. Most of the features are the same in iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 first beta but there are few specific new features for each OS. As usual, the iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 are expected to release in WWDC 2020 and before that Apple wants to cover up the iOS 13 and iPadOS for testing to provide bug-free experience in iOS 14.
If you don’t have a developer account, still you can update your device to iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 and enjoy new features. Below we will share how you can update to the latest beta on your Apple device. But before that let’s take a look at the features and changes on the latest iOS and iPadOS update.
iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 Features
Folder Sharing in iCloud: The feature which was supposed to released earlier has finally made available. It allows sharing folders directly from files.
Mail Toolbar Updated: In the iOS 13, the bottom toolbar in Apple Mail the options were removed. But with the latest iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4, the tools are back again. Now there is a total of four options as it was in the previous update.
New Emoji Stickers: Many new emoji stickers have been added in the update. It includes poses like a shocked face, eye roll, praying hands, Jinny and more. There are total 9 new emoji stickers.
CarPlay Changes: CarPlay now comes with new navigations and call controls for third-party apps.
Family Sharing: In the Apple TV app the new Family Sharing feature now allows to share content. It is like if one member gets a subscription to a movie then it will show in the other member of the family.
Bundle Purchase: The new feature which allows developers to sell Apps for different platform like iOS, Mac in one bundle with a fixed price.
Other than this there are more new features that you will find on the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 1. Such as Location Services, shortcut controls in iPad and more. If you want to experience the latest update on your supported device then you can follow the below guide.
Download & Install iOS 13.4/iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 on iPhones/iPads
Here you will know how to install the latest developer beta update on your Apple phone without developer account. As the update is rolling out for developer but if you don’t have a developer account then also you can update to the latest version.
But before you actually follow the steps, make sure to take a backup of important data using iCloud/Finder/iTunes.
- Download the iOS/iPadOS configuration file on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now install the configuration file on your device.
- After installing it make sure to reboot your device.
- When the device boot back into system open Settings.
- Then head over to General > Software update.
- In the software update screen, it will show the latest developer build update.
- Click on the Download & Install button and wait for the installation process.
The latest iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 update is big and it is going to take some time to install so make sure the device has enough juice to complete the update.
In case if you have a developer account then follow the below guide to install the profile on your device and follow the above process to update.
Download Configuration Profile (Developer Account)
- Go to the Apple developer website on your Apple device.
- Now click on the Discover button.
- On the next page, you will see all the available OS. Click on the iOS or iPadOS that you have.
- It will take you to the next description page, there click on the Download button.
- Log in with your Apple developer ID.
- Go to the iOS 13/iPadOS 13 beta section and click on download. Now the profile will be downloaded to your Apple device.
- Now install the downloaded profile on your Apple device and follow the above procedure to install the update.
You can also use iTunes or Finder to update your phone to the latest iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 update. That’s all for the download and install guide for iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1. Let us know in the comment section in case if you have any questions on mind.