Hulu is a great streaming service that lets you watch a number of TV Shows and Movies. Provided you pick the Live TV addon, you will get access to a good number of local TV channels. The TV Channels add-on is a good one as you get to watch all your local news and sports events right away.
Now, we do know that the app is available on Android and iOS devices, but if you wanted to connect Hulu app to the TV from your iPhone, how would you do it? Here’s how to cast Hulu to TV from iPhone.
Well, in today’s guide we will be talking about how you can cast the Hulu app from your iPhone to a smart TV that has Apple AirPlay 2 enabled. We will be mentioning the steps as well as Apple AirPlay 2 supported devices. If you wanted to know about what local channels you would be getting when you subscribe to the Hulu + Live TV plan, you can check out the list of channels by heading here.
Read on to know how you can cast the Hulu app from your iPhone to a smart TV.
How to Cast Hulu from iPhone to TV with WiFi
Before we talk about how you can cast the Hulu app from your iPhone to a TV, you first need to know what TVs out there will support Apple AirPlay 2 There is a wide range of TVs that support Apple Airplay 2, and here is the list of all those TVs.
Apple AirPlay 2 supported TVs
- AOC Roku TV
- ATVIO Roku TV
- Element Roku TV (Series 400, 450)
- Hisense Roku TV (R6, R7 & R8)
- Hitachi Roku TV
- InFocus Roku TV
- JVC Roku TV (Select, Premier, and Elite Series)
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG OLED (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 series or above, UK 7 series (2018)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
- Magnavox Roku TV (55MV379R/F7, 65MV379F/F7)
- onn. Roku TV (10012588, 100024699, 100012584, 100005396, 100005397, 100012587, 100012585, 100012586)
- Philco Roku TV
- Philips Roku TV (4000 Series)
- RCA Roku TV (RTRQ6522-US, RTRU5027-US, RTRU5527-W, RTRU6527-US, RTRQ5522-US, RTRU4927-US)
- Roku® 3 (2013)
- Roku® Express (2017, 2019)
- Roku® Express+ (2017, 2019)
- Roku® Premiere
- Roku® Premiere+
- Roku® Streaming Stick
- Roku® Streaming Stick®+
- Roku® Streaming Stick®+ Headphone Edition
- Roku® Ultra (2019, 2020)
- Roku® Ultra LT
- Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019, 2020)
- Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
- Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Sanyo Roku TV (FW50R79FC, FW55R70F, FW55R79FC, FW65R70F, FW65R79FC)
- Sharp Roku TV (2T-C45CF2UR, 4T-C60CL2UR)
- Sony A8H Series (2020)
- Sony A9F Series (2018)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9S Series (2020)
- Sony X80H Series (2020)
- Sony X80J Series (2021)
- Sony X85G Series (2019 55”, 65”, 75” and 85” models)
- Sony X85H Series (2020)
- Sony X85J Series (2021)
- Sony X90H Series (2020)
- Sony X90J Series (2021)
- Sony X91J Series (2021)
- Sony X95G Series (2019)
- Sony X95H Series (2020)
- Sony X95J Series (2021)
- Sony Z8H Series (2020)
- Sony Z9F Series (2018)
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony Z9J Series (2021)
- TCL Roku TV (4-Series, 5-Series, 6-Series & 8-Series)
- VIZIO E-Series (2016, 2017, and 2018 UHD models)
- VIZIO M-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO M-Series Quantum (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO OLED (2020)
- VIZIO P-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum (2018, 2019, 2020)
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum X (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO V-Series (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO D-Series (2018, 2019)
- Westinghouse Roku TV (UX Series, UT Series)
Now that you know what smart TVs have Apple AirPlay 2 support, it is now time to know how you can cast the Hulu app from your iPhone to the smart TV. If your TV doesn’t support AirPlay 2 then you can follow the last method given in this guide.
Cast Hulu to Smart TV
- First, connect your TV and your iPhone to the same wifi network.
- Next, you need to download the Hulu app from the App Store.
- With the app downloaded, launch the app and sign in with your Hulu account. If you do not have an account, signup for one and choose the Hulu plan that suits you best.
- After sign in to the app, tap on the show or movie that you like to watch on TV.
- When the player opens, simply tap on the AirPlay icon that is present at the top of the app.
- The app will now search for Apple AirPlay devices that are connected to the same network.
- Once you spot your TV, tap on it and it will cast Hulu to your smart TV from your iPhone.
How to Cast Hulu from iPhone to TV without WiFi
Now, if you might be having a smart TV that doesn’t support Apple AirPlay 2, you do not need to worry. Because you can still share the Hulu app from your iPhone to these TVs. Follow these steps.
- Get yourself a Lightning Digital AV adaptor. This can be purchased from the official website of Apple.
- Now, you also need to purchase an HDMI cable. You can find these cables on Amazon or you can use the cable that comes with your TV or any other device like a DVR or a set-top box.
- Connect the Lightning Digital adaptor to the Lightning port of your iPhone.
- At the other end, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adaptor and the other end to your TV’s HDMI input port.
- Adjust your TV’s input source settings. Once you choose the right one, you will see the iPhone’s screen on your TV.
- Simply launch the Hulu app and you will be good to go.
And this is how you can cast Hulu to TV from your iPhone. You can choose between the wireless or wired option. Both ways are a perfect way of watching Hulu from your iPhone connected to your TV. If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Related to Hulu: