For the past few months, Asus has been testing beta version of Android 11 update on ROG Phone 3. Now the Asus ROG Phone 3 users are reportedly receiving the stable Android 11 update on their device. For the time being, the update is in a rolling phase, it is already live in Taiwan, we can expect it will be available in other regions in the coming days. The latest update bags a slew of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check everything about Asus ROG Phone 3 Android 11 Update.
Asus kicks-off the latest update on ROG Phone 3 with WW-18.0410.2105.133 version number in Taiwan, the full build weighs around 2.7GB of size for download. Asus’s last year’s gaming smartphone has started receiving its first major OS upgrade. As it is a major release, it weighs more than usual OTA patches, so make sure to connect your smartphone to a stable Wi-Fi connection for faster downloading.
Talking about the features and changes, then the update comes with basic Android 11 features, such as, Chat Bubbles, change in Notification panel & volume controls, improved performance, and more. Apart from these changes, Asus also updated a bunch of system apps, integrated PowerMaster feature in battery settings, new editing page in Gallery app, updated ZenUI design, and more. Here you can check the complete list of changes from the changelog.
Android 11 Stable Update for Asus ROG Phone 3 – Changelog
1. Upgrade the system to Android 11
2. Some third-party software is still not compatible with Android 11
3. Before upgrade please Back up the data. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be cleared.
4. Import the new ZenUI interface design.
5. Update the smart housekeeper, contact, phone, file management, Applications such as computer, clock, picture library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key replacement, local backup, boot wizard, system update, etc.
6. Support one-time permissions, improved file access permission control, automatic reset permissions Other privacy features
7. Support to maintain the Bluetooth connection when the flight mode is turned on
8. Adjust to the Android 11 notification bar style to support the display of ongoing conversation notifications
9. The classic style of the power button menu supports Android 11 device control and Google Pay
10. Update the style, automatically switch the system color, return to the advanced options of gestures, SIM card and other setting functions. Remove the one-handed mode.
11. Notification settings. Added notification records and dialog settings.
12. The smart housekeeper’s power control function is integrated into the battery setting.
13. The battery settings have added power control functions, such as low-speed charging, charging upper limit selection, and scheduled charging Advanced options, custom battery mode, application sleep and other settings
14. Adjust the quick setting panel interface. Support media control function. Added nearby sharing option (need to be added manually).
15. On the recent apps page, long press the app icon above the task card to add options such as lock apps, screenshots, and sharing
16. The computer is designed to be adjusted to the latest native style.
17. The call record setting of the phone adds the option of displaying blocked calls.
18. The size of the status bar icon is fine-tuned to maintain display consistency.
19. The clock adds a date setting alarm and group alarm function
20. The image library supports a new editing page.
21. Adjusted to new screenshots and screen recording positions, in line with Android 11 specifications.
22. Updates the conversion data of the one-key switch. The default check logic
23. Adjusts the related pages of the boot wizard
24. System update settings Adjustment and update logic
Asus ROG Phone 3 Android 11 Update (Stable)
Asus is kicking-off the new Android 11 update in a staged manner, will be available to everyone in the coming days. The update is already listed on the Taiwanese support page, so if you’re using the ROG Phone 3 then I suggest you to manually check the system updates, as there are sometimes when OTA notification does not arrive. Check the new updates by heading over to the Settings app > System > Software Update, if the update is available then tap on Download and Install.
If the update is not available on your unit, then you can wait for a few days, staged rollouts take some time to reach every smartphone.
Before updating your smartphone, make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Oppo Reno 6 Pro Wallpapers
- Asus ZenFone 8 Flip Live Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Everything you need to know about Android 12