Apple has just released new updates for iOS 16, watchOS 9, and other devices on previous software versions. The latest incremental upgrade brings iOS 16.6.1 for iPhone, iPadOS 16.6.1 for iPad, watchOS 9.6.2 for Apple Watch, and macOS 13.5.2 for Mac. These are the minor updates addressing bugs and security issues.
Apple is pushing iOS 16.6.1 and iPadOS 16.6.1 with a 20G81 build number, whereas, the watchOS 9.6.2 labels with a 20U90 firmware version. The newest public update on the iPhone weighs only around 200MB in download size, you can quickly install it on your iPhone.
In terms of features and changes, the update boasts important security fixes and is recommended for all users.
- This update provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.
For more information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
So, make sure to install the update if your iPhone is running on iOS 16.6 or older version. You can check the new updates by heading over to Settings > General > Software Updates, check for the new updates, and then install the latest update.
The same can be said for the Apple Watch, once you update your iPhone to iOS 16.6.1, make sure to update your Apple Watch to the new software, you can do it by checking the updates in the Watch app > General > Software Updates, check the updates and install the latest software. Make sure your watch is charged at least 50% and connected to the magnetic charger.
- iPhone 14 Price to go down after iPhone 15 Launch
- 10 Ways to Fix Message Blocking is active on iPhone
- How to Change Default Search Engine for Private Browsing in Safari [iOS 17]
- How to Delete Lock Screen Wallpapers on iPhone
- How to Turn Off Face ID Authentication for Private Browsing in Safari [iOS 17]