Safari on iOS 17 boasts several useful features including Safari Profiles, enhanced private browsing, faster search results, the ability to change the search engine for private browsing, and more. Notably, in the beta versions of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17, Face ID authentication is automatically enabled for private browsing sessions.
If you are someone who usually browses in Private mode and finds the constant authentication prompts bothersome, you may want to disable this new security feature. Here’s a guide on how to turn off Face ID authentication for Private Browsing in Safari.
If you have any tabs open in Private mode and subsequently switch to regular browsing tabs or exit the current session, when you return to the private browsing mode, the browser will prompt you with an authentication screen. You need to unlock it to continue browsing.
If you look at it, it is a useful feature. Suppose someone holds your iPhone or iPad, they still won’t be able to view the tabs open in Private mode in Safari. But still, if you want to disable authentication for Private Browsing in Safari, you can follow this guide.
Let’s dive right into the steps.
Disable Face ID Authentication for Private Browsing in Safari
If your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 17 or iPadOS 17, you may notice some new changes in Safari including the Face ID authentication for private browsing. You can follow the below steps to turn off the feature.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and Select Safari.
- Scroll down to Privacy & Security section and turn the toggle off for Require Face ID to Unlock Private Browsing.
- That’s it.
If you still have any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Change Default Search Engine for Private Browsing in Safari [iOS 17]
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 16]
- 15 Best Icon Packs for iPhone and iPad
- How to set Waze as Default Navigation app on iPhone
- 30+ Stunning Aesthetic iPhone Wallpapers – YMWC 20
- 60+ Stunning iOS 16 Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone
- 38 Stunning Dynamic Island Wallpapers for iPhone 14 Pro