Apple has just announced the iPadOS 16.4 update! Yes, the public version of iPadOS 16.4 is out and comes with a flurry of new features and changes. The update goes live for all iPad users running on iPadOS 16. Read along to know more details about the update.
Apple is pushing the new software to the compatible iPads with the 20E246 build number. The update weighs around 4.85GB in size on iPad Air (M1). Apple announces it along with the public release of iOS 16.4, watchOS 9.4, tvOS 16.4, and macOS 13.3.
The newest incremental iPadOS upgrade comes with a big list of changes with the major change is the introduction of 21 new emojis. The list of new emojis includes a shaking head emoji, pink heart, blue heart, gray heart, donkey, moose, goose, wing, jellyfish, hyacinth, pea pod, ginger, folding hand fan, hair pick, flute, maracas, khanda, wireless, and a number of left and right facing hand options.
The list of other changes include Apple Pencil hover adds tilt and azimuth support for iPad Pro 11-inch (4th gen) and 12.9-inch (6th gen), Web apps notifications addition to home screen, Duplicate album in Photos expand support to iCloud Shared Photo Library, VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app, and Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light are detected.
The next big change comes with iPadOS 16.4 is the way of installing beta updates on iPad. Apple now lets you choose whether you want to update to public beta or developer beta directly in the Software updates and the change is also available for iPad users in iPadOS 16.4.
With this change, Apple will prevent users from installing free developer beta profiles. Yes, there’s no need to install a profile, if you are signed in with your developer account, you will see the new option.
Apart from these new additions, the update addresses a few issues, here’s the complete list of changes coming with the new iPadOS 16.4.
- 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Apple Pencil hover adds tilt and azimuth support so you can preview your mark at any angle before you make it in Notes and supported apps on iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation)
- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Fixes an issue with Apple Pencil responsiveness that may occur while drawing or writing in the Notes app
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
If your Apple iPad is eligible for iPadOS 16.4, then you can navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and check for the new updates, then install the iPadOS 16.4 on your iPad.
- How to Customize iPad Home Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- 16 Stunning Aesthetics Wallpapers for iPad
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to iPad [All Models]
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Customize iPhone Lock Screen [Ultimate Guide]