iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 Release Candidate (formerly known as GM build) are now available for beta testers. It is similar to the stable public build that will be released to the public next week. And if you are a developer beta or a public beta user, then here you will know everything about the iOS 14.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC.
The last update iOS 14.4 Beta 2 was released two weeks ago with a few bug fixes. But there were some bugs that weren’t fixed in the second beta. And if you also noticed any bugs in the iOS 14.4 beta 2 then you can expect to be fixed in the iOS 14.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC.
Along with iOS 14.4 RC, Apple also released watchOS 7.3 Release Candidate, tvOS 14.4 Release Candidate, and iPadOS 14.4 Release Candidate. Both iOS 14.4 RC, Xcode 12.4 RC and iPadOS 14.4 RC come with build version 18D52. Next week public build will also release with the same build version for supported iPhones and iPads. It is a big update and weighs around 4GB.
iOS 14.4 Release Candidate – What’s New
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
- The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
The latest iOS 14.4 RC update also brings modem Firmware upgrade. So, if you have any connectivity issues in previous builds, then it may fix in this update.
Green tint is one of the most concerned issue for iPhone 12 users. And as per feedback from some users, it looks like it is fixed for some users. But some users are still facing the green tint issue. Let me know if it is fixed for you.
Download iOS 14.4 RC & iPadOS 14.4 RC
Both iOS 14.4 Release Candidate and iPadOS 14.4 Release Candidate is available for developer beta and public beta users. The update is available over the air and you may have already received the update. If not then you can manually check for the update from Settings > Software Update. And then click on Download & Install.
But if you are using a stable public build, then you will not receive the update. You need to first install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad in order to receive beta updates. So, if you want to try out the release candidate and other coming beta updates then you can follow given steps to install beta profile.
Install iOS 14.4 Beta Profile and iPadOS 14.4 Beta Profile
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 14.4 Release Candidate on your iPhone.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 14.4 Release Candidate with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.