About two weeks ago Apple released the iOS 14 Public Beta but they didn’t roll out the public beta for macOS and watchOS. And finally, they started rolling out the Public Beta for macOS and you can get it on your Apple computers. If you don’t have a developer account but want to try the latest macOS beta then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to get macOS Big Sur Public Beta on your MacBook.
Apple has added many new features to the latest macOS Big Sur that delivers a promising and better experience than before. You will now get a better control panel for controlling notification, Quick Settings. With this update using macOS is even easier and interactive. If you like to try the beta and want to test the revised interface then macOS Big Sur may keep you engaged with its new features.
macOS Big Sur Public Beta Update
If you have been waiting for the Public Beta from the day Apple released at the launch event. Then you will be happy to know that the public beta is now available and you can get it on your PC.
The macOS Big Sur developer beta is already out for more than two weeks and it is working amazing but with a few bugs. Well, it’s a beta so we can’t do anything about the bugs. The same goes for the public beta. So if you are looking for a stable run and you do a lot of office work on your PC then I wouldn’t suggest trying the beta.
Stable macOS Big Sur will release soon and so you might have to wait for a little for stable performance.
The latest macOS Big Sur is available for most Apple computers. And this makes Apple best when it comes to software updates that even a 5+ year PC model receives the latest updates. If you have an Apple PC and you don’t know if your device is eligible for this update then you can check the list below.
List of Devices that Supports macOS Big Sur
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (2013 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2013 and later)
- Mac Mini (2014 and later)
- iMac (2014 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2013 and later)
If your device in the list and you are ready to try the latest macOS Big Sur Public Beta without minding available bugs. Then follow the guide given below.
How to Install macOS Big Sur Public Beta on MacBook
This guide requires signing up for the beta from the Apple macOS beta website. You can follow the below steps to get the latest public beta on your device.
- First, make sure to take a backup of your device data and store the backup at safe storage. Also, you should know if you want to roll back to the previous version then you have to wipe all data.
- Now open the Apple’s macOS beta page on your browser.
- Log in with your Apple ID that has beta access. If not then you can sign up for the beta and log in.
- Select the macOS option from the OS list.
- Then click on the ‘Enroll Your Devices’ button which will be at the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the second step and you will find “Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility”. Click on it and it will download the file.
- After downloading the dmg file install it on your MacBook.
- And then go to System Preferences > Software Update and Check for Update manually.
- It will list the latest macOS Big Sur public beta, but if not then again search for updates after some time.
- Now download the update and after downloading you can install it on your device.
So that’s all you have to follow to get the latest public beta on your computer. Now you can experience all the latest features such as iOS like Control Center, new Notification panel, new Safari UI, and a lot more.
With the new update, we can now play 4K YouTube videos in the Safari browser without any problem. Let us know your experience with the latest macOS Big Sur.