iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are now available to the public. It was earlier speculated to be released on March 8, the day of the Apple March event. But later it got delayed by another beta which means a delay of 1 week. Finally, both iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are available to everyone. Here you will get to know everything about iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4.
On the day of the event last week, Apple released iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 Release Candidate Builds. And as mentioned last week, Apple released it to the public today. This is a major update after the iOS 15.2 update that was released last year with a slew of new features.
Along with iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4, Apple also released macOS Big Sur 11.6.5, macOS Monterey 12.3, tvOS 15.4, HomePod 15.4, and watchOS 8.5, and macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Both iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 come with build number 19E241. If you have already tried the iOS 15.4 beta, then you already know what comes with the update.
iOS 15.4 is a major update and comes with many new features. You can check the changelog section to know what’s new in the update.
iOS 15.4 Update Changelog
- Face ID while wearing a mask option on iPhone 12 and newer
- Apple Pay and password autofill in apps and Safari can be used with Face ID while wearing a mask
- New emoji including faces, hand gestures and household objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Handshake emoji allows you to choose separate skin tones for each hand
- SharePlay sessions can be initiated directly from supported apps
- Siri can provide time and date information while offline on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or newer
- EU Digital COVID Certificate support in Health enables you to download and store verifiable versions of COVID-19 vaccination, test results and recovery records
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certificate format
This release also includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Safari web page translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
- Podcasts app adds episode filters for seasons, as well as played, unplayed, saved or downloaded episodes
- iCloud custom email domains can be managed from Settings
- News offers enhanced discovery of audio content in the Today feed and Audio tab
- Camera in keyboard can be used to add text to Notes and Reminders
- Shortcuts now supports adding, removing or querying tags with Reminders
- Emergency SOS settings have changed to use Call with Hold for all users. Call with 5 Presses is still available as an option in Emergency SOS settings
- Close-up in Magnifier uses the Ultra Wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to help you see small objects
- Saved passwords can now include your own notes in Settings
This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Keyboard may insert a full stop between typed numbers
- News widgets in Today View may not open articles when tapped
- Photos and videos may not sync to iCloud Photo Library
- Speak Screen Accessibility feature may quit unexpectedly within the Books app
- Live Listen may not turn off when switched off in Control Centre
iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 Update
Both iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are now available to all eligible iPhones and iPads. If you are using iOS 15.3 update, you will receive iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 on your device via OTA update notification. In case you are using the iOS 15.4 Release Candidate then you will not receive the update as Release Candidate and Public build are the same. But if you want to switch to public build, you need to remove the beta profile.
If you are on a stable iOS 15 and didn’t get the update, then you can manually check in Settings > General > Software Update. And there you can find the new update, if not then try changing Automatic updates settings.
1 thought on “Apple finally releases iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 to the public”
It’s sucking the life out of my battery so fast and phone won’t charge without turning it off