Apple has just released the much-awaited watchOS 8.5 update to the public. The new incremental update bags a bunch of new features including Audio hints for Fitness+, Apple Wallet support EU Digital COVID Certificate format, new emojis, and more. Read along to know more details of the watchOS 8.5 update.
Apple is sowing the watchOS 8.5 to the eligible models with a 19T242 build number. The new build weighs approx. 173MB of download size, you can update your Apple Watch after updating your iPhone to the new iOS 15.4 version. The newest build is available for all Apple Watch models running watchOS 8 iteration. As this is rolling out to the public, anyone can download it and access the new features.
Moving to the changes, then watchOS 8.5 acquired the new emojis from iOS 15.4, EU Digital COVID Certification format support for Apple Wallet, updates to irregular rhythm notifications with availability in various regions, Audio hints for Fitness+, Ability to authorize Apple TV purchases, system-wide improvements, bugs fixes, and more. Yes, it is a big upgrade, here’s the complete changelog coming with the watchOS 8.5 public update.
- Ability to authorize Apple TV purchases and subscriptions
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certification format
- Updates to irregular rhythm notifications designed to improve atrial fibrillation identification. Available in the United States, Chile, Hong Kong, South Africa, and many regions where the feature is availabe. To determine your version visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213082
- Audio hints in Fitness+ provide you with audio commentary of visually demonstrated moves during workouts
Install watchOS 8.5 update on Apple Watch
As I said earlier, make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 15.4, once your iPhone is running on the latest software, you can update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 8.5. Here are the steps you can follow to update your Apple Watch to the new version.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download iPad Air 5 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: