Finally, the wait is over, Apple releases the watchOS 7.4 Update to the public. If you’re waiting for the watchOS 7.4 Update, then you can now upgrade your Apple Watch to the newer patch and start using the new features. The latest update bag features such as unlock iPhone without removing Mask, AirPlay 2 support for Apple Fitness+ users, and more. Here’s everything you need to know about the watchOS 7.4 Public Update.
The latest update is seeding with 18T195 build number and weighs around 123MB in download size. As always, the update is available for Apple Watch Series 3 and later models. Any Apple Watch user can update to the newer build freely and taste the new features. It’s an incremental update over the watchOS 7.3 which was released in January 2021.
In terms of details and features, then the latest update on Apple Watch carries a number of useful features and improvements. Apple Watch users can now stream content from Apple Fitness+ to AirPlay-2 enabled devices, not only this, the update also brings ability to unlock the iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing a mark. This is a pretty handy feature in the times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Apart from these changes, the watchOS 7.4 update also carry ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notifications support for Australia and Vietnam. Here you can check the complete changelog before sideloading it on your Apple Watch.
watchOS 7.4 Update (Public) – Release Notes
watchOS 7.4 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Australia and Vietnam
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Australia and Vietnam
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
Download watchOS 7.4 Update
Apple also seeds the iOS 14.5 / iPadOS 14.5 alongside the watchOS 7.4 public build. After updating your iPhone to the newer version, you can easily sideload the latest watchOS 7.4 public update on your Apple Watch. You can follow below steps to update your Apple Watch to the newest build.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.5.
How to install watchOS 7.4 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
That’s it. Now you can start using your Apple Watch running on watchOS 7.4 public update.
You May Also Like – Best Dark Wallpapers for iPhone 12 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave your comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends on your favorite social media platform.
More Related Articles: