Microsoft has been diligently working on improving the Windows Subsystem for Android. The tech giant has already released the major Android 12L software upgrade earlier this year. Now, Microsoft quietly released another major software upgrade to Windows System for Android in Beta, yes, the Android 13 update is finally available. The new software brings a slew of new features and improvements. Read along to know more details.
Usually, Microsoft confirmed the incremental Windows Subsystem for Android updates via Windows Insider Blog. But this time, the announcement of the new software was quietly made on GitHub. As per the details, the update is available for those who have signed up for the Windows Subsystem for Android Preview program, a different preview program compared to the Windows 11 insider builds.
The latest version of Windows Subsystem for Android – v2211.40000.7.0 is available for beta members. The upgrade brings a good number of changes with this incremental upgrades. The most obvious change is the update to Android 13, while there are some other notable changes as well, which include performance improvements in boot times, a new command to shut down WSA for automation, improvements for mouse click input, clipboard stability, application resizing, and more.
Here is the complete list of changes coming to the Windows Subsystem for Android in beta.
- Added a new command that shuts down WSA for automation
- Improvements to mouse click input
- Improvements in clipboard stability
- Improvements to application resizing
- Upgraded to Intel bridge technology for Android 13
- Reliability improvements to media files opening in Windows
- Jumplist entries for applications supporting app shortcuts
As I said earlier, the upgrade is available for users who opted for beta for WSA, if you want to receive the latest incremental upgrade of Windows Subsystem for Android on your Windows 11 PC, then you need to enroll in beta by navigating to the Microsoft’s WSA Preview Program webpage, then sign up for the preview updates. Once done, you will receive the confirmation mail and a new update for WSA and Amazon App Store through Microsoft Store with new features.
At the moment, the new upgrade is available for beta testers only and there’s no word on the public rollout. Recently, Microsoft kicked off the last preview build of Windows 11 for this year, ahead of the holiday season, so, you can not expect the public rollout this month. Hopefully, the wider rollout should be in early 2023.
If you are facing issues on the WSA beta, then you can opt out of the preview program anytime. You can check more details about the upgrade by visiting the announcement on GitHub.
Explore More Windows 11:
- Download: Here are the new Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Android 12L Wallpapers
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS