Microsoft has just released the last incremental Windows 11 insider preview build of the year. The latest build is labeled with the 25267 version number and available to those who opted dev channel in the Windows insider preview program. The new incremental preview build brings a few more Taskbar search appearances and squashes a bunch of fixes. Read along to know more details about the update.
Microsoft pushed the new Windows 11 build to the dev channel with the 25267.1000 (rs_prerelease) build number. These are the small incremental upgrades, you can easily install on your PC. Microsoft also released ISOs for this build, which you can download by navigating to this page and manually sideload on your PC.
Moving to the changes, then last month, Microsoft started testing new Taskbar search appearances in the developer channel with Windows 11 Insider Preview build 25252. Today’s, release bring a couple more appearances to the dev channel, here is the screenshot.
Other than that, the update squashes a good amount of bugs. The update addresses the casting issues (with WIN + K) available on the previous build, the Bluetooth section crashing in Quick Settings, fixed the Search box floating on the desktop, squashed more explorer.exe issues, and more.
Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with this build.
- Fixed an issue which caused some Insiders to have issues casting (with WIN + K) in the previous flight.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue causing the Bluetooth section of Quick Settings to crash for some people.
- Updated the Quick Settings icons in the taskbar when using a screen reader so if you set focus to each of the icons it no longer includes the words system state and instead just says what the icon is (for example instead of “system volume state” it just says “volume”).
- If focus is set to an app icon on the taskbar and you use ALT + Shift + Left/Right to move it, Narrator will now say that it has been moved.
- Fixed a high hitting explorer.exe crash which was impacting some Insiders in the last two flights.
- Search on the Taskbar
- The fixes only apply for Windows Insiders who received one of the different treatments for how search looks on the taskbar that began rolling out to Insiders with Build 25252:
- We fixed the issue causing a search box which appeared to be floating on the desktop when you changed your primary monitor or plugged in an external display.
- Text in the search box should no longer be clipped on the bottom when using increased text scaling.
- Clicking the notification received the first time you press ALT + Shift should open the customize option now, rather than unexpectedly opening a Command Prompt window.
- We fixed an issue which was causing the first candidate item to be invisible or clipped sometimes in the Simplified Chinese IME candidate window.
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue where using “Browse for Folder” from an app was only showing Desktop (and no other folders) for some people.
- If a Windows Update failed to install, the error code in Windows Update history can now be selected if you want to copy it out.
- Fixed an issue where restartable copies of a file (for example using robocopy) with alternate data streams were hanging frequently in the latest Dev Channel builds.
You can check the list of known issues on the Windows Insider Blog.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- Download: Here are the new Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Android 12L Wallpapers
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS