Microsoft has just released a new incremental Windows 11 preview build to the developer channels. Usually, Microsoft tests new features through Windows Insider Developer Channel. And the newly released Windows 11 insider preview build 25252 is no different, coming with two new Taskbar search appearances, the addition of a VPN status icon to the taskbar, along with a handful of fixes.
Microsoft kicks off the new build to the developer channel with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25252.1000 (rs_prerelease) build number. The new upgrade is already available for the users running on the developer channel, as it is an incremental upgrade you can quickly upgrade your Windows 11 PC to the new version.
Windows 11 preview build 25252 brings some changes to the taskbar, including a new icon of the VPN profile showing in the system tray of the taskbar.
Other than that, the update brings two new Search layouts for the taskbar, these designs have already been tested through the stable channel recently, now also available in the developer channel. Luckily, you can change the search layout directly from Settings, by navigating to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar Items.
Apart from these changes, the new build fixes a big list of issues. Microsoft addressed the issue causing folders in the Start menu to not open on the first try, fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes impacting system tray performance, updated battery icon’s tooltip showing when your laptop is charging, and many more.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 update – Fixes
Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash when using Alt+F4 with the show hidden icons flyout in the system tray open.
- Fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes impacting system tray performance.
- Updated the battery icon’s tooltip to let you know if your device is charging slowly.
- Made a small refinement for tablet-optimized taskbar users to make it a bit easier to expand the taskbar without invoking the Start menu.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar jump lists and preview thumbnails not appearing in the correct position for Insiders with 2 in 1 PCs.
- Start Menu
- We fixed an issue causing folders in Start menu to not open on the first try.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to see a bugcheck with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION after upgrading to the previous flight.
- Fixed an issue which was causing certain apps (including Media Player) to crash when playing media in the background in recent flights.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to your PC going to sleep although it was configured to not sleep.
- Fixed an issue where network-to-local copying (for example, when copying a file from a network share) was slower than expected from some users.
You can check the list of known issues on the Windows Insider Blog.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- Download: Here are the new Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Android 12L Wallpapers
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS