Microsoft ended the week with a new incremental dev beta build for Windows 11 version 22H2. Windows 11 Preview build 23541 is available to the Dev Channel with a bunch of bug fixes. This is a weekly update focused on OS stability.
A day ago Microsoft also released an update to Canary Channel. The Dev channel update is mostly released along with the Canary channel update, but this time it was delayed by a day.
The new Windows 11 build 23541 brings rich thumbnail previews for Cloud files in the Recommended section of the Start Menu. Microsoft warns that for some Insiders in the Dev channel, the right click to share option on these files may temporarily disappear.
This is the only change and improvement in the latest Dev build.
Microsoft also brings some improvements on Microsoft Store version 22308.1401.x.x or higher for Windows Insiders in all channels. There is a new dedicated Game Pass page where users can easily explore PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate. Users will be able to see exclusive games, day one games, deals, free perks, EA Play and more.
There are a couple of bug fixes in the latest Dev build including explorer.exe crash. You can check the list of bug fixes and known issues below.
Fixed an issue where dragging app icons in the taskbar may sometimes lead to an explorer.exe crash.
[Search on the Taskbar]
Fixed an issue where sometimes the tooltip when mousing over the search box wouldn’t match the current search highlight.
Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to paste a folder path to mount into the dialog when creating a new Dev Drive.
- [NEW] Icons on the desktop may show as generic white pages rather than their proper icons.
- [NEW] There is an issue where the progress wheel icon will get stuck in the File Explorer tab even though the folder has finished loading.
- [NEW] Changing the sort order of folders doesn’t persist if you navigate away and back from the folder.
Some apps under All apps on the Start menu, such as PWA apps installed via Microsoft Edge, may incorrectly be labeled as a system component.
- Unicode Emoji 15support which began rolling out with Build 23475 and the updated color font format with COLRv1 support that began rolling out with Build 23506 no longer appear after updating to Build 23531 due to a bug. This issue will be fixed in a future flight soon.
- [NEW] There is a high hitting tabtip.exe crash which is impacting the ability for some Insiders to type.
- [NEW] We heard feedback from Insiders in the Dev Channel that the Windows Copilot Preview is not available in some regions. We found an issue and plan to re-enable it for these Insiders with a fix in a future flight.
- You can use Alt + Tab to switch out of Windows Copilot, but not back into it. Windows + C will move focus back to Windows Copilot
- When first launching or after refreshing Copilot while using voice access you’ll need to use “Show grid” commands to click in the “Ask me anything” box for the first time.
If you are a Windows Insider in the Dev channel, you will receive the incremental beta update on your PC. The Microsoft Store will be available to all Channels insider if the required Microsoft version installed.