Microsoft releases a new build to the Beta channel. The new beta build for the Beta channel is the Windows 11 Build 22631.1906 (KB5027311). And this beta build is quite big compared to some previous beta channel updates. Let’s delve into the details and explore the exciting new features and improvements introduced in Windows 11 Build 22631.1906.
As this is an update to the Beta Channel, there is an inferior version of Windows 11 Build 22631.1906 which is Build 22621.1906. As usual, the second build will have the less number of changes and fixes compared to the main build.
This week’s Windows 11 build to Beta channel comes with a bunch of new features and improvements. The new build brings an option to hide the date and time from the system tray. It brings an updated network flyout on the Windows 11 lock screen. Also, the new build brings an option to see passwords of known WiFi networks. There are many other changes. Here are all the new features and changes in the list.
Windows 11 Beta Build 22631.1906 Changelog
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- You can now hide the time and date in the system tray. You can turn this on by right-clicking on the system tray clock and choosing “Adjust date and time”.
- When right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray, we’ve added the option to diagnose network problems.
- We have updated the network flyout on the Lock screen to align with Windows 11 design principles.
- Added support for bridging adapters via command line via netsh.
- We have updated the Windows Security (firewall) notification dialogs that match the Windows 11 visuals.
- We have added links to advanced properties for network adapters and internet properties under Settings > Network & internet > Advanced network settings.
- We have added a way to view Wi-Fi passwords for your known networks via Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and “Manage known networks”.
- Based on your feedback, we have added additional options to the Data Usage page that allows for daily and weekly data limits. The page will also now show how far a data limit has been exceeded.
- We added the ability to join Bluetooth Personal Area networks under the Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices. This option will appear for paired devices like Phones that are sharing internet over Bluetooth.
- Right-clicking on a Win32 app in Start, or searching for the app, and choosing “Uninstall” will now take you to the Settings to uninstall the app.
- The settings page for wheel devices such as the Surface Dial has been updated to better match the Windows 11 design principles.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.1906 & Build 22631.1906
- This update addresses a compatibility issue. The issue occurs because of unsupported use of the registry.
If you have joined the Beta Channel in the Windows Insider Program, you will receive the latest preview build on your device. Yes, you can receive any of the two builds. In case you receive 22621.1906 which has features off by default, you will have to option to upgrade to the other main build. To check for updates go to Settings > Windows Update.
- Microsoft celebrates Pride with a new set of Windows Wallpapers
- Windows 11 Gears Up for AI Integration: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Change Mouse Cursor in Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to get Google Play Store on Windows 11
- How to sideload APKs on Windows 11