Yesterday’s Microsoft Build 2023 event was all about AI and how it’s going to improve experiences. And soon these new features will be available to Windows users starting with Insiders. But for those on the Stable channel, a new non-security update preview is now available for Windows 11, version 22H2.
The Windows 11 non-security patch for May comes with build 22621.1778 (KB5026446). It’s a preview build which is an optional update. So even if you don’t upgrade to this build, you will be getting these features in the next month’s 22H2 update.
The non-security update for this month adds Bluetooth LE Audio. This means if you use Bluetooth audio devices, the update will improve its audio fidelity and battery life. The update also provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. You can check the complete official changelog below.
Windows 11 Build 22621.1778 Highlights
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! This update adds Bluetooth LE Audio. This improves audio fidelity and battery life when you pair your device with Bluetooth audio devices.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- This update addresses a multi-function label printer issue. It affects the installation of some of them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. It shows the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). When you search within the Emoji Panel (Windows key + period (.) ), search might fail for some of you.
Along with these highlights, there are a bunch of improvements that come with the update. You can check the complete list of improvements here.
If you already upgraded to Windows 11, version 22H2, you will have the option to install this build. Remember you should not be part of any insider channel. To check for the update go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS