The Galaxy Z Flip 4 is Samsung’s latest clamshell. And it has the same cover screen as last year’s Galaxy Z Flip 3. The cover screen is only used for widgets and notifications. But this limitation can be removed and you can use the cover screen at its full potential to access any app and even game. Here’s how to run any app on the Galaxy Z Flip 4 cover screen.
As you know, foldable phones come with two displays. The secondary display on the Galaxy Fold is similar to that of a smartphone screen, while the display on the Galaxy Flip is much smaller and is called the cover screen. By default its functions are limited. But this is an Android phone, so anything is possible.
How to use any App on the Cover Screen of Galaxy Z Flip 4
There is not much competition when it comes to flip phones. But Samsung has done a great job improving its flagship clamshell with each generation. And the cover screen is one of the main improvements over the years. Additionally, you can supercharge the cover screen manually for advanced use.
The cover screen allows users to easily access content without opening the phone. And it’s really convenient because the cover screen is big enough to show most of the content. But as we have mentioned earlier that by default you will not be able to use the cover screen to its full potential, and so here comes the role of this guide.
Download Launcher for Cover Screen
We are going to use a third-party launcher that let users access all apps installed on the Galaxy Z Flip 4. The launcher we will be using is the SamSprung. It is the same launcher that also worked on the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
The app is available on the Play Store, and also the whole project is available on GitHub for public use. To download SamSprung app from Github, go to the Github page and tap on the apk file under assets. The apk will now download to your phone. Or directly Install the SamSprung TooUI from the Play Store.
Install App Launcher
If you have downloaded the app from Play Store then you can skip this step. If you have the apk file, you can directly install it on your device. To do that find the downloaded apk and tap on it. If you are installing apk for the first time then you will receive a pop-up to allow installation from unknown sources. Enable the toggle and then tap on Install.
It will take a few seconds and then you will see App Installed message. Now let’s jump to the final steps.
Setup App Launcher for Cover Screen
- Open the SamSprung app on your Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Now enable the toggle present at the top next to the app title.
- Next, give all the required permissions to the app.
- Change settings available in the app as per your preferences.
- Now close the app and flip the phone.
- Tap the Power button and you will be able to launch the app drawer by tapping the SamSprung icon.
CoverScreen OS to run any app on Galaxy Z Flip 4 Cover Screen
There is also another useful app that let you run all the apps directly on the cover screen. I am talking about the CoverScreen OS app that enables a launcher on the cover screen. In case the first app is not working, you can use this method.
- Open Play Store on your device and search for CoverScreen OS.
- Now Install the app on your device.
- The app will ask for required permission during setup, you can allow it from available buttons.
- Flip your Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Tap on the cover screen and you will see the CoverScreen OS welcome screen.
- Tap the screen and it will open the launcher.
- From the launcher, you can launch any game or app installed on your device.
So these are the two different ways to run any app on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Cover Screen. You can use both apps and see which one is better for you. I hope you found the guide useful. Do share the guide with other Galaxy Z Flip 4 users.