Realme 9 is the latest Realme phone to receive the stable Android 13 update. Yes, it has been more than half a month since Android 13 was released but smartphone companies are slowly making it available on their phones. There are also a few Realme phones to get the Android 13 update.
For Realme phones, Android 13 is based on Realme UI 4.0 which is the latest custom UI. And similar to other Realme phones, the Realme 9 also gets a flavor of both Android 13 and Realme UI 4.0.
Realme 9 was released exactly a year ago with an Android 12 update. This means the Android 13 is the first major update which is quite late because the phone is considered new. The phone is still eligible for the next major Android update.
Realme 9 Android 13 update comes with the build number C.10. And to get the new update, your phone must be running on the latest Android 12 build RMX3521_11.A.33 | RMX3521_11.A.31 | RMX3521_11.A.29. And you will receive the update with the larger size.
The Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 update for Realme 9 brings a bunch of new features such as Aquamorphic design, improved security and privacy, larger folders on homescreen, and more. You can check the full list below.
Realme 9 Android 13 Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimises Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Adds Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimises Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
If you are a Realme 9 user, you will receive the OTA update on your phone soon. Sometimes the update arrives on phone, but its notification doesn’t appear, so make sure to check for the update manually from Settings.
Always back up important data before the update and charge your phone to 50%.