Sony is a popular brand when it comes to consumer electronics. You have Smart TVs, PlayStation, and other household electronics. Sony TVs are super feature-rich that it provides you with the best content watching experience altogether. Apart from just using these TVs to watch or stream content from your favorite apps, do you know you can use the TV as a projection screen to display your iOS device’s screen onto the Sony Smart TV? Here is the guide to screen mirror iPhone to Sony TV.
With Screen mirroring, you will be able to share the phone’s content on your Sony Smart TV. While you can share content, you need to keep in mind that you will not be able to stream or play content from most streaming services. To do that, you will need to use the AirPlay feature on your device which will work only if your Sony SMART TV has Apple Airplay built-in. So, here is a guide that will show you how you can screen a mirror from your iOS device to the Sony Smart TV.
Screen mirror iPhone to Sony Smart TV
Apple AirPlay-enabled Sony Smart TVs
Before we begin with how to screen mirror from an iOS device to the Sony Smart TV, you need to know whether your Sony Smart TV has AirPlay built-in or not. So, here is a list of all AirPlay supported Sony Smart TVs.
- Sony A8H Series- 2020
- Sony A9F Series- 2018
- Sony A9G Series- 2019
- Sony A9S Series- 2020
- Sony X80H Series- 2020
- Sony X80J Series- 2021
- Sony X85G Series- 2019 55”, 65”, 75” and 85” models
- Sony X85H Series- 2020
- Sony X85J Series- 2021
- Sony X90H Series- 2020
- Sony X90J Series- 2021
- Sony X91J Series- 2021
- Sony X95G Series- 2019
- Sony X95H Series- 2020
- Sony X95J Series- 2021
- Sony Z8H Series- 2020
- Sony Z9F Series- 2018
- Sony Z9G Series- 2019
- Sony Z9J Series- 2021
Screen Mirror to Sony Bravia Smart TV
- First, you need to connect your iOS device and your Sony Bravia Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Grab the TV remote of your Sony Bravia TV and press the Home button on it.
- Now, select the Settings option followed by Network.
- With the Network page open, all you need to do is select the Network Setup page. You can choose the Setup Network Connection option.
- Simply select your Wireless Network and enter the correct password.
- Once the details have been entered, ensure that the internet is working on your Sony Bravia Smart TV.
- Now, on your iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner.
- Simply tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Your iPhone will begin to look for AirPlay-enabled Wireless devices.
- Once it has found your Sony Bravia Smart TV, select it.
- Your TV will display a code that you will need to enter on your iOS device.
- With that done, you can now screen mirror your iPhone to the Sony Bravia Smart TV.
Screen Mirror to Sony Android/Google Smart TV
- You need to first connect your iPhone and your Sony Android Smart TV to the same wifi network.
- Press the Home button on your Sony Android Smart TV.
- Now, navigate over to the Settings icon on the home screen.
- The Settings icon will be in the top right corner of the home screen. Select the Settings icon.
- Now, the Settings menu will open up.
- You need to simply scroll and select the Network and Internet option.
- Next, you need to select the Wifi option.
- Turn the WiFi toggle on and let the TV search for wifi networks.
- When it displays your Wifi network, simply select it and type in the WiFi password.
- Confirm that the TV is connected to the internet using your Wifi network.
- On your iPhone, simply swipe down from the top right corner.
- This will bring up the Control Center panel.
- Simply tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
- The iPhone will now look for wireless AirPlay-enabled devices.
- When your Sony Android TV shows up, simply tap on it and enter the code displayed on your TVs screen.
- And that is it. You can now screen mirror your iPhone or iPad to the Sony Android Smart TV.
And this is how you can mirror your iPhone, iPad, or even iPod screen to the Sony Smart TV. This is a simple and easy process. The whole process should last for a minute or a maximum of two minutes. Once you have connected your device to the TV, you can now display documents, videos, or even images right away on the big screen. Have queries or doubts? Feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Screen Mirror Guides: