OnePlus is slowly and steadily expanding the Android 14 beta access to more mid-range phones. Oppo’s subsidiary now announced the Android 14-based OxygenOS 14 open beta access for two Nord series phones – OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite and OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite.
The company has officially shared beta program details on its community forum. The very first beta is limited to India, it will also be available in other regions soon. And the beta program goes live with a quota of 5,000 limited seats, so if you’re interested, be sure to join the program soon.
Another thing to keep in mind is, to make sure your phone is running on the newest available software build. If your phone is on the older build number, please update it to any of these firmware versions if you want to join the beta testing program.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite: CPH2467_220.127.116.111(EX01) / CPH2467_18.104.22.1680(EX01) / CPH2467_22.214.171.1243(EX01)
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite: CPH2381_11.C.29 / CPH2381_11.C.31 / CPH2381_11.C.32
As this is the first beta, you may encounter some issues, here’s the list of known issues on the first beta.
Known Issues for Nord CE 3 Lite:
- The link to windows keeps stopping while opening in the Control Panel.
- Crash when closing the messages app bubble notification.
- System UI keeps stopping popups and can show a black screen while tapping on an open app in the Google Home interface.
- System crash observed while closing any bubble chat.
Known Issues for Nord CE 2 Lite:
- System UI crash observed while making a call from the floating window with some apps.
- Unable to unlock with the enrolled face in Dark Environment.
Moving to the changes and list of new features, then OxygenOS 14 open beta boasts a bunch of new features, here’s the complete list of changes officially mentioned in the changelog.
- Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Performance optimization
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps and the smoothness of animations.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle and clearer colour style for a more comfortable colour experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds. • Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
If you want to take part in the Android 14 open beta program. You can go to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program > and follow the on-screen instructions to take part in the beta program.
Make sure to charge your phone to at least 60% and take a backup of important data. You can follow the installation instructions shared by OnePlus on its community forum.
- Download OnePlus Open Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- OnePlus announces Android 14 Beta for OnePlus 10R
- Download OnePlus Nord CE 3 Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- OnePlus reveals OxygenOS 14 open beta release timeline
- OnePlus announces OxygenOS 14 Closed Beta for OnePlus Nord 3