Android 14, the latest Android OS is now becoming available in more devices thanks to the efforts of OEMs. OnePlus is also testing Android 14 on bunch of its devices through OxygenOS 14 beta. And today OnePlus releases Android 14 beta for another device. OnePlus 10R is the latest device to get OOS 14 Open Beta 1.
Android 14 is a major upgrade and as you expect from every big Android update, it also come with bunch of important improvements and features. This include flash notification, even bigger fonts, better battery management etc. And since OnePlus phone run on Custom OS, you get the advantage of that too.
OnePlus promised to release the stable Android 14 update in mid of this month. And the first device is going to be OnePlus 11. The OnePlus 10R might get the stable update in December.
As usual the open beta is available to limited users. First 5000 will be selected to join the Open Beta. I will be sharing the process to apply for open beta, but first let’s talk about what you will be getting in the first open beta.
OnePlus 10R Android 14 Open Beta Changelog
Smart and efficient
- Improves Clone Phone to allow quicker new device verification and data migration.
- Improves cloud photo service by Google Photos
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps and the smoothness of animations.
- Adds support for app-specific refresh rates to improve user experience.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle and clearer colour style for a more comfortable colour experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds. • Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
If you want to join the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta on your OnePlus 10R, first make sure your device is running the latest Android 13 build that would be 188.8.131.520 or 184.108.40.2060. Now go to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program. Now fill in the required details and submit the application.
OnePlus will check your application, and if your application passes review, you will receive the update over the air. You can check for the update from Settings.