Need for Speed is a franchise that everyone loves. A sling as there are updates and improvements in the game, players will keep enjoying the game. Well, Electronic Arts has just released a brand new update for Need for Speed Unbound. The update is titled Volume 3 and is the 3rd major update for the game. Along with bringing in new updates and features to make the game even more interesting, there are also a good number of updates that help to improve the quality of life for the game.
The good news about this update is that it brings in a lot of cool new ways to complete events and enjoy the game even more. So, without wasting any more time let’s dive into what’s new with the Need for Speed: Unbound, update Volume 3.
Need For Speed Unbound – VOL 3 Update and Patch Notes
The new Volume 3 update is said to be released on June 20, 2023. This update will be live on all platforms. Whether you play the game on PC either via Origin or Steam, PS5 as well as the Xbox Series X|S. Check out the new Volume 3 update trailer by heading here. Now, let’s dig into what the Volume 3 update is bringing in for the fans of Need for Speed Unbound.
Need for Speed Unbound – Volume 3 Updates
Ranks and Rewards
With the brand new Speed Pass for Need for Speed: Unbound, you can easily rank up and also earn different goods that you can use to customize your car. You will also be able to earn XP in the game whenever you complete daily or weekly challenges, races, and objectives in Linkups. As you rank up, you can even get to unlock the Legendary Custom Dodge SRT Viper 2014. So, get ready to compete in aces and rank up!
16 Player Online Co-Op Linkups
Multiplayer races and events are fun with friends. Now, with the Volume 3 update, you and 15 other players can link up online to actively compete in completing different challenges that have been spread across the map. These challenges can include airtime and speed trap events. All these events need to be completed together in order to earn rewards. Since this is a Need for Speed game, you can expect the cops to show up the minute the event is over, so you’ll need to be quick.
These new Linkups will be available in 7 locations across the map. There will be a total of 4 rounds for each event and these will all be time-based. If you do end up winning at least 12 Lineups in the game, you get access to an absolute classic car. The DMC DeLorean from 1981 can be yours. The update will also feature in the new Drift playlists What matters the most in Drift Playlists is your score multiplier and not your position in the race. So go out and build your very own drift monster to beat your opponents and be at the top of the leaderboard.
Special EA Play Rewards For Members
Now, EA Play members, i.e. members who purchased a membership to get special content and in-game regards will be given a Nissan Skyline GTR V-spec 1993. The car will be waiting in your garage which means you can drive it right away.
Robojets Premium Swag Pack
This is a new premium pack that has a good number of rewards. Here is what the rewards pack contains
- Clothing Pack with Helmet
- New Driving Effect
- Exclusive Horn
- 2002 Legendary Custom Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Ford MustangGT Legendary Custom Pack
The Ford Mustang GT is a fantastic muscle car that has a lot of fans. With this new custom pack, you get the following
- 2015 Legendary Custom Ford Mustang GT
- Custom Body And Livery for the Mustang GT
- 10-Level Speed Pass Boost
- 10 Customization Items
Volume 3 Customs Pack
The Volume 3 update has its own customs pack that you can purchase in the game. Here are the cars that you get when the pack is purchased
- 1975 Volvo 242 DL
- 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
- 2016 Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport
Need for Speed: Unbound Volume 3 Patch Notes
Apart from just the good stuff that the new Volume 3 update brings, the game is also receiving a good number of Quality of Life patches. Check out the official patch notes coming with the Volume 3 update in need for Speed: Unbound.
Quality Of Life Improvements
- Vehicles awarded via EA Play Membership, Purchased from the in-game Store, or awarded as part of Speed Pass, will be available to use in your Single Player garage after completing the prologue. Previously these were only available in Lakeshore Online.
- Reduced the chances of getting into another chase immediately after a successful escape.
- Screen Space Reflections are now enabled for cars on Ultra graphics quality on PC.
- Intel XeSS 1.1 added as an Upsampler option on PC.
- Improved road reflection quality by including distant buildings.
- Improved CPU performance on PC.
- Reduced VRAM usage on NVIDIA 40 series GPUs on PC.
- Nvidia DLSS updated to version 3.1.11 on PC.
- AMD FSR 2 updated to the latest 2.2 on PC.
- Increased the rewards for escaping and assisting in a cop chase.
- Different cop vehicles are now worth different amounts of cash when taken down in cop chases, instead of a single value that is applied to all cop cars.
- Players who purchased the Deluxe Edition will be awarded $250,000 per volume update as a thank-you cash boost!
- Subtitles text size can now be changed from three presets. The backing opacity and color can also be adjusted.
- Players can now change their default time of day in Lakeshore Online. This setting only affects Free Roam – events in playlists have their own defined time of day.
- Players can now teleport to Safehouses and Meetups when not in a cop chase. Perfect for quickly getting around the map, or swapping cars before the next Linkup.
- Players will receive $5000 in bonus cash for every rank they reached prior to the release of Volume 3 with the new Speed Pass ranking system.
- Players can now view their whole character before purchasing clothing to see how it looks with their whole outfit.
Patch Notes For Campaign Mode
- Fixed an issue that allowed the player to hide the UI in the campaign calendar, leading to a broken camera.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to lose campaign progress when the PS5 is forced shut.
- Fixed a number of clipping issues with Vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to spawn inside the garage after the prologue
- Fixed an issue that caused the initial campaign car to select vehicles to have colored windows.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally spawned the player in Freedrive instead of the tutorial after selecting a car
- Fixed an issue that caused the safehouse description to not update after purchase.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to sell their first vehicle in campaign, leaving them with no cars.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Milestone 1 meetup icon to appear during the qualifier races.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the player to receive two starter vehicles if they close down the game immediately after the car select sequence.
- Fixed an issue that showed rivals as available to beat in the UI even if they have already been beaten.
- Fixed an issue that caused police helicopters to run out of fuel whilst the game is paused.
- Fixed a campaign exploit that allowed the player to replay the Week 3 qualifier.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused no Audio SFX to be triggered when accepting a phone call mission.
- Fixed an issue that caused AI rivals’ name cards to sometimes obscure the players’ view.
- Fixed an issue that caused all collectible bears to reappear in the world when progressing to the next day.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cop roadblock items to persistently show up on the map even when progressing to the next day.
Patch Notes For Client and Performance
- Added multiple stability improvements across both Campaign and Lakeshore Online.
- Fixed an issue that caused the screen to freeze whilst recording with Nvidia Shadowplay on PC.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the controller to not send any inputs if it was disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles using the brushed metal material to appear visibly dirty when they spawn.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain HUD UI elements to be blown out by bright lighting courses when the game is run in HDR.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicle input to become stuck whilst driving.
Patch Notes For Cops
- Fixed an issue that caused the player vehicle to float during the busted transition screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused cash rewarded from challenges to be treated as volatile cash if completed during a cop chase.
- Fixed a number of issues that caused Burst Nitrous to work inconsistently with cop cars.
- Fixed an issue that caused the button callout to route to patrolling cops to be invisible.
- Fixed an issue that caused both “COP CHASE JOINED” and “COP CHASE STARTED” to appear one after another when assisting other players in a chase.
- Fixed an issue that caused other cops to appear to be spotting the player at the start of a cop chase if 2 cops are near each other.
General Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused the character model to disappear whilst previewing hair customization.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused the camera to unfocus whilst previewing hair customization.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused vehicle or character modifications to not save.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to be unable to boot the 10-Hour Trial via the EA app.
- Fixed an issue that caused text-to-speech words to overlap the text box when enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused a broken camera once the user resets it in snapshot mode.
- Fixed an issue that disallowed a child Xbox profile access to Lakeshore Online even when given access to multiplayer features by a parent.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Banner Snapshot contrast to behave inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue that caused car skid marks to flicker on the pavement.
Map and World Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused checkpoints to be missing on the mini-map when the player is in an event.
- Fixed an issue that caused some breakable assets to remain stuck under the car resulting in the car spinning uncontrollably.
- Fixed an issue that caused Street Art and Bears to disappear from the main map when collected.
- Fixed multiple issues that caused “i” icons to sometimes appear in lieu of safehouses, players, and cops.
- Fixed an issue that caused a straight line to be drawn if routing from the player to a cop’s location in Lakeshore Online.
Patch Notes For Multiplayer Mode
- Fixed an issue that caused the wreck reset transition to not display the fade animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused volatile cash to be lost when accepting a playlist invite during a cop chase.
- Fixed an issue that could block the player from opening the banner of other players in Lakeshore Online.
- Fixed an issue that caused the banner sticker to disappear when in the “edit snapshot” menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused 2 cars to be present in the Banner Snapshot after completing a playlist with a different car.
- Fixed an issue that caused the currently equipped car to unequip after quitting the game and rebooting if the player doesn’t leave the garage.
- Fixed a number of issues that caused daily challenges to refresh inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue that caused the user to see both the enter garage and busted cinematics when entering the garage whilst almost busted.
- Fixed an issue that caused the in-world AR pin of a routed player to only appear at short distances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to clip through the garage wall if exiting a safe house at the same time as multiple other people.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to appear as leaving a game when attempting to join a full multiplayer server.
Patch Notes For Playlist and Racing
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be respawned unexpectedly in certain areas of the City Viper race.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be respawned unexpectedly in certain areas of the Downtown Chaos race.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be respawned unexpectedly in certain areas of the Don’t Sweat The Technique race.
- Fixed an issue that caused misleading UI prompts and directional arrows in the All Eyes On Me race.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be spawned unexpectedly in certain areas of the Meridional Mist race.
- Fixed an issue that caused misleading UI prompts and directional arrows in the Industrial Action race.
- Fixed an issue that caused the perfect start boost to carry over if the player left the race during the race start countdown.
- Fixed an issue that caused the tier icon to be missing or incorrect in playlist cards.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from spawning next to the nearest garage at the end of a playlist.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to be stuck in a Rumble event when it finished.
- Fixed an issue that caused some car windscreens to open during the playlist into cinematics as if it was a side window.
- Fixed an issue that caused the timer to overlap the 8th player in the post-race results screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused traffic in certain events to behave unexpectedly.
User Interface Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused sub-menus in the hair selection screen to be difficult to navigate.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose input when navigating through the banner menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused a number of inconsistencies with displaying breadcrumbs for newly unlocked content.
- Fixed an issue that caused the playlist invite UI element to overlap in the car customization, character customization, and banner snapshot menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused the platform icon for crossplay players to show as the player’s own icon in the player cop assist popup.
- Fixed an issue that caused sorting by “most recent” in the community wrap screen to not function.
Vehicle Customization Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused the old tag effect to play when equipping a new tag in the garage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Aston Martin DB5 wing mirrors to stick to the side of the car when damaged.
- Fixed an issue that caused wrap corruption around the headlights of the Mercedes Benz AMG GT (2015).
- Fixed an issue that rarely prevented players from applying decals to their cars.
- Fixed an issue that caused decals to overlap on the front window of the Honda Civic Type-R (2015).
- Fixed an issue that caused decals to display incorrectly on the rear fenders of the Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 (1988).
- Fixed an issue that caused decals to overlap on certain side skirts of the BMW M3 (1988).
- Fixed an issue that caused the garage idle camera to show the undercarriage of the Mercedes 190E.
- Fixed an issue that caused the default wrap on the Mercedes Maybach to be positioned incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wheels to clip through the bodywork on the Mercedes Maybach with air suspension applied.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wheels to clip through the bodywork on the epic build Nissan Fairlady.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholder text to show when selecting certain side skirt sets for the Volkswagen Golf GTI (1976).
- Fixed an issue that caused the Toyo Tires Proxes R888R thumbnail to display the incorrect ‘Need for Speed’ picture.
- Fixed an issue that caused the front canards to be selectable for the NISSAN Skyline GTR V-Spec (1993) when the front bumper is removed, causing them to float.
- Fixed an issue that caused a section at the rear of the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster (2019) to not display decals.
- Fixed an issue that caused some sections of the Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV Roads to not display decals.
- Fixed an issue that caused some sections of the Ferrari F40 to not display decals.
- Fixed an issue that caused decals that were applied with 100% opacity to appear as having less opacity in the garage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Volvo 242 DL to have no trunk modifications available.
This concludes the NFS Unbound Volume 3 update and patches note list. The Volume 3 update is set to be released on the 20th of June 2023. So, if you have uninstalled the game and you see that the Volume 3 update is good, you might want to re-install the game and check the update out as and when it releases. Let us know what you liked from the brand new Volume 3 update for Need for Speed: Unbound.