macOS users can now finally get a taste of macOS 13 Ventura. That is right! The public beta for macOS 13 Ventura has been released and now, you can try it out! Provided that your system is supported to revive the update that is. To date the developer beta was only available and, to get that update, you would have to pay for a developer account. The good part about the public beta is that you can try it for free as well as run into fewer bugs and issues as compared to the developer beta of macOS Ventura. The build number of the public beta is 22A5295i.
So, what does macOS Ventura bring to the table? A lot of new features and better overall performance and security. For starters, the mail app will now let you search easily for any content within your emails, with the option to undo send, schedule sends as well as add rich links to your email. Safari now gets an improvement with Passkeys and also the ability to SharePlay via Messages. Sure, there are a good number of useful features with macOS Ventura 13, and if you want to enjoy the new OS, here is a guide on how you can download the public beta of macOS Ventura.
Download macOS Ventura Public Beta
Before we take a look at how you can download the public beta for macOS Ventura, you first need to know if your Mac is supported by the new OS or not. So, here is a list of the supported Macs that are supported by macOS Ventura.
macOS Ventura Supported Devices
- iMac (2017 and Later)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- MacBook (2017 and Later)
- MacBook Pro (2017 and Later)
- Mac mini (2018 and Later)
- MacBook Air (2018 and Later)
- Mac Pro (2019 and Later)
- Mac Studio 2022
Now that you know what systems are supported by macOS Ventura, you can follow these steps to download the public beta on your supported device. Let’s get started.
Download and Install macOS 13 Public Beta
- Take a backup of your Mac on which you are planning to install macOS Ventura. It will help in case you plan to restore to the previous version.
- The next step is heading over to the Apple Public Beta website.
- If you are a member of the Apple Beta program, sign in with your Apple ID. If not, you can always signup to be a member.
- On the public beta page, you will see an option that reads choose macOS.
- Now, make sure to enroll your Mac so that you get access to the public beta.
- Scroll down a bit more and you will see the Download macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- Download the utility and navigate to the folder to where it is downloaded on your Mac.
- Double click on the utility to mount it and then double click on the Acess utility.pkg file.
- With the beta profile installed on your Mac, the Software Update window should now be displayed on your screen.
- Click on Download to get the public beta of macOS 13 Ventura to your Mac.
- When the download completes, you will be able to install the new public beta on your Mac easily.
This is how you can get access to and download the public beta to macOS Ventura for your supported Mac. So, if you have a supported Mac, go ahead and install the new public beta and try out new features such as using your iPhone as the webcam for your Mac and being able to share your iCloud PhotoLibary with your family members.