Vivo’s sister-brand iQOO has started pushing the Android 13 beta to the iQOO Neo 6 smartphone. The new upgrade is based on the company’s latest Funtouch OS 13 skin, yes, the first major OS upgrade for iQOO Neo 6 goes live. iQOO releases the new Android 13 update with a bunch of new features and improvements. Read along to know more about the iQOO Neo 6 Android 13 update.
iQOO plants the new firmware PD2199FEA188.8.131.52.W30.V000L1 version number and bump up the monthly security patch to September 2022. Like every other major upgrade on Vivo and iQOO phones, this one too requires a huge amount of data for downloading. Talking about the iQOO Neo 6 Android 13 build, then it weighs a whopping 5.05GB in size. The OTA is in a rolling phase and already available to many iQOO users, wider rollout should follow soon.
Speaking of the changes, then the update comes out with more color palettes as we have seen in the stock Android 13, option to hide photos in the gallery app, brings new phone cooling features to the iManager, the ability to see notification permission icon on the notification panel, and more new features. Apart from these features, users can also expect the Android 13 essentials like a new music player for quick panel, per app language, photo privacy, a new clipboard, etc.
Check out the screenshots of the new update shared by @TechyPreacher on Twitter.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with the Android 13 beta on iQOO Neo 6.
- Dear user, with this upgrade, your device will be upgraded to Funtouch os 13, which brings you a brand-new experience with various features, as well as improved system security and performance. Get ready for an all-new experience.
- UI color & Monochrome icon
- Added more color types to the color palette in color adaptation and allowed colors to be applied to home screen icons
- Notify when run
- Added the Notify when run permission and subdivided the Media data permission
- Hidden photos & videos
- Provided users with the feature of hiding photos and videos in Albums, which improves the security of Albums and protects user privacy
- Phone cooling
- Added the Phone cooling feature to iManager. By reducing the running of apps, the CPU frequency will be intelligently lowered to reduce overheating
If you own the iQOO Neo 6 and want to taste the new features of Android 13 based FuntouchOS 13, then you can request for the trial version. Yes, at the time of writing, the update is available for testers only through the trial version (beta) program. You can head over to Settings > System update, then tap on the gear icon at the top right corner and select trial version, and request for the new update.
Make sure to take a backup before installing the beta update on your iQOO Neo 6, also charge your smartphone to at least 50%.