Google announced the newest version of Android – Android 11 aka Android R. And the first developer preview goes up for the Google Pixel users. As this is a developer preview, it doesn’t knock up with user interface changes. The developer preview ushers with a bunch of enhancements to the system. But still, if you’re curious and want to explore the Android 11 features, then here’s a step by step manual guide which helps you to install Android 11 DP1 on your Pixel phone.
Android 11 (R) – Details
Here’s a quick look at the feature of the latest Android 11, that you can check before installing it on your smartphone. Talking about the big highlights, then Google promises about the improved 5G connectivity, a sport with foldable devices, better privacy, and a new messaging interface. The newer version of Android brings a much-awaited, dedicated video recording feature to the system. Not only this, but the update also bumps up with scrolling screenshot feature with revamped UI.
Talking about the UI changes, then, Android R comes with a new feature dubbed as Bubbles, which is very similar to the Facebook Messenger chat heads. It lets you chat while multi-tasking. Users can now find a dedicated section in the notification shade by which they can easily get access to the ongoing conversations. One of the centerpiece highlights of the Android 11 is that it comes with the sport of punch-hole, waterfall, and foldable screens.
In terms of security, the Android 11 (R) comes with an improved BiometricPrompt API. Not only this, Google brings the Mobile Driving Licenses identification to work with Android 11. The app permissions get a new option called “Ask Every Time”, which means now you can give access permission to the app once needed. Other than that, It also has schedule Dark Mode feature, revamped Do Not Disturb UI, dynamic system updates sport, ability to view refresh rate of the display, and a few more. Here’s the How you can install Android 11 (R) developer preview 1 on your Google Pixel smartphone.
Download Android 11 Developer Preview 1
Android 11 aka Android R, the first developer preview is now available to download. As of now, only Google Pixel users can install and taste all the features of Android 11. It is available for Pixel 2, 3, 3a, 4, and XL variants. The first developer preview bumps up with the latest March 2020 security patch. The factory image (OTA) weighs between 1.6GB to 1.9GB in size. Here’s the download link.
- Download Android 11 Developer Preview 1 for Pixel Phones (OTA Images)
After downloading the factory images, follow the below-listed steps by which you can easily update your Google Pixel to the latest Android 11. But before updating make sure to check the prerequisites.
Note: As this is a developer preview, It may have some bugs, which won’t be suitable for daily use.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- ADB Drivers installed on your computer & USB Debugging Enabled on your Pixel.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install Android 11 Developer Preview 1 on Pixel Phones
- Download the OTA file on your computer.
- Turn off your device and press the power button + volume down key simultaneously to boot into the Recovery Mode.
- Now scroll down and select Apply update from ADB.
- Open the ADB tools folder on your computer. Then, type CMD in the address bar.
- Once done, you can type “adb sideload filename” command in the command prompt, which will sideload the OTA on your Pixel phone.
- After the completion, tap on the reboot system now option.
- That’s it.
After rebooting your device will run on the latest Android 11. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Wallpapers & Download Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubts then, leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends across social media.
More Related Articles: